FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #1,231 of 1,891
Ok, i listened and tested a few hours more.
Final E tips vs stock or Spinfit cp100 makes definitely a big difference throw my ears. Final E is the way to go, better seal and less annoying treble/ more bass (which I like).
Comfort wise somehow I have to readjust after a while because they tend to pop out of my ears somehow. But not as bad as the Final A4000 for example. Also my ears got a little sore after a while, not sure where this comes from....
While i do like the sound especially the bass which is great tunable with EQ and the mids, now and then the treble just is to much/ seems off.
I may keep it or consider other options which will be hard to find I'm afraid.
I know for now: I like the sound signature for the most part, maybe a tad more warmth / less treble parts would be perfect. Also with my ear shape I need IEMs with longer than average nozzles to get a good fit which the FD5 have.

How's the soundstage difference between Final E and CP100?

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #1,232 of 1,891
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask for advise. Can anyone compare the Spinfit CP145 and CP100 tips on FD5? My CP145 will arrive soon, but I think the wide nozzle has too much treble for me, so I thought maybe CP100 will turn it down a bit? I have CP800 for a narrow tube, but I think the narrow tube sounds simplier, compared to the wide tube, so I'd like to do something with the treble on it.

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #1,233 of 1,891
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask for advise. Can anyone compare the Spinfit CP145 and CP100 tips on FD5? My CP145 will arrive soon, but I think the wide nozzle has too much treble for me, so I thought maybe CP100 will turn it down a bit? I have CP800 for a narrow tube, but I think the narrow tube sounds simplier, compared to the wide tube, so I'd like to do something with the treble on it.
Between CP100 and CP145, CP145 does a better job of taming the treble a little bit more for my ears. The difference isn't huge but noticeable if you A/B them.

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,234 of 1,891
I am still waiting for my CP800, CP100, CP145 ordered from China

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,235 of 1,891
I prefer CP145, and I think it might be a tiny bit better at taming treble than the CP100. I perceive CP145 as focussing on the mids, which I think is a good match for the FD5, since they have plenty of bass and plenty of treble, and so CP145 makes them more balanced.

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,236 of 1,891
I prefer CP145, and I think it might be a tiny bit better at taming treble than the CP100. I perceive CP145 as focussing on the mids, which I think is a good match for the FD5, since they have plenty of bass and plenty of treble, and so CP145 makes them more balanced.

Thanks for sharing on your thoughts for E tips. I have a FD5's that I should have in about a week. So reading about owners recommendations is helpful.

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,237 of 1,891
Thank you for sharing this info, it's really helpful, because the mids is never enough for me, so I think CP145 might be a very interesting tips to try.

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #1,238 of 1,891
Thanks for sharing on your thoughts for E tips. I have a FD5's that I should have in about a week. So reading about owners recommendations is helpful.
Just received my CP145, and unfortunately the treble is still too much for me. Not sure what to do with this now. I like this airy, crystal clear sound of wide nozzles, with a deep and detailed bass, but I absolutely can't stand that harsh treble.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #1,241 of 1,891
I have a nice copper cable, but there's still too much treble with it, the copper just makes it smoother.
I understand. I'm actually a full sized headphone, large tube amp guy. So I'm new to IEMs to be honest. So I think I'll look into the copper cable to try to tame some of the treble.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,242 of 1,891
I understand. I'm actually a full sized headphone, large tube amp guy. So I'm new to IEMs to be honest. So I think I'll look into the copper cable to try to tame some of the treble.
I have a silver plated cable, that can tame the treble really well, but there's an issue, since the cables only can change the sound because of their impedance and high frequency conductivity, the lower treble on it means that the cable is just low quality. I solved my problem now with using foam from the headphones box. I did a 2 mm filters out of it and inserted them in the nozzles as accurately as I can. The results are great I think. The sound is still harsh, but it's a bit lower harshness, which I can stand quite well.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,243 of 1,891
Final E-Tips in da house. ^^
They tame the highs a little bit without affecting the vocals that much, which i really appreciate. :)
Also they'll add a little more bass on certain tracks, but on some other, the bass with the balanced tips is more articulated, imo.

Will step a bit deeper into it.
Next step is to add the narrow nozzles with oem balanced tips via the Final-E adaptor. :wink:

Listening with the V30 in aux mode, which is a bright source, i've to say for better understanding my p(oint) o(f) h(earing). :ksc75smile:

Later i'll add the Mojo to the party, which has a smoother high frequency presentation than the ESS V30.

Edit:
Listening to Frozen Crown with the fabulous Giada "Jade" Etro. :wink:
High pitched guitars, fast bass guitar and lovely vocals. :wink:
Italian power metal at its best.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,244 of 1,891
Final E-Tips in da house. ^^
They tame the highs a little bit without affecting the vocals that much, which i really appreciate. :)
Also they'll add a little more bass on certain tracks, but on some other, the bass with the balanced tips is more articulated, imo.

Will step a bit deeper into it.
Next step is to add the narrow nozzles with oem balanced tips via the Final-E adaptor. :wink:

Listening with the V30 in aux mode, which is a bright source, i've to say for better understanding my p(oint) o(f) h(earing). :ksc75smile:

Later i'll add the Mojo to the party, which has a smoother high frequency presentation than the ESS V30.

Edit:
Listening to Frozen Crown with the fabulous Giada "Jade" Etro. :wink:
High pitched guitars, fast bass guitar and lovely vocals. :wink:
Italian power metal at its best.
Unfortunately there's another reason why I'm using spinfit eartips with my FD5 - it's uncomfortable and painful for me to use any other tips, because of the IEM's weight and because of small size of my ear canal. So I'm very unsure of purchasing any other eartips.

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #1,245 of 1,891
Unfortunately there's another reason why I'm using spinfit eartips with my FD5 - it's uncomfortable and painful for me to use any other tips, because of the IEM's weight and because of small size of my ear canal. So I'm very unsure of purchasing any other eartips.
Hmm.
Final E Tips are from Size SS to LL in one package.
On the bottom right are the oem balanced tips size M. :wink:

20210805_221832.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality.
My phone cam has messed with a stone lately. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back