FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #1,876 of 1,891
hi everyone, I want to ask about FD5. In my country the price of used FD5 is equivalent to $120

Is this a good deal?

I'm thinking about buying tanchjim oxygen, but it's still very expensive. new price for oxygen $196

While the price of used tanchjim oxygen is actually $155
The FD5 is excellent if you like a slightly V-shaped sound with full bass. For $120 is a steal.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #1,877 of 1,891
Dear friends,
If you would like to use the FD11 with the MMCX cable, you could now get our LC-78A for help: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...adapter-lc-78a-is-officially-released.969231/
1691477001433.png

If you would like to get the cable with in-line microphone for FD11, you could get our LS-3.5B: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ectors-ls-3-5b-is-officially-released.969221/

1691477017578.png

If you would like to get the 4.4mm cable for FD11, you could get our LS-4.4A:https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-cable-ls-4-4a-is-officially-released.969291/
1691483319031.png

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #1,879 of 1,891

Entry-Level All-Arounders, FIIO Dynamic IEMs JD1 Is Officially Released!​

8376508.jpg

Gateway into audio, a great starting point
The J series of earphones created jointly by FIIO x Jade Audio have been praised by users for their simple yet elegant style and great sound quality all at low prices.

With users being confused by the myriad of choices in IEMs currently on the market, the new JD1 dynamic IEMs are a breath of fresh air. The JD1s provide a great starting point for users looking to get into HiFi earphones, bringing great sound quality from a trusted brand at an affordable price.
8363252.jpg

All day, all-arounders, for all scenarios
The JD1, as a product for entry-level users, not only focuses on the performance of sound quality, but also wants to provide an all-round, all-scene HiFi experience for users. Therefore, we designed the JD1 with more practical features.

-- Game master: The included cable with in-line controls and microphone* allows you to quickly relay info to your teammates, while the JD1’s accurate sound positioning gives you an edge over your enemies.
8363253.jpg

-- Monitor and editor: The sound is uncolored yet detailed to help you accurately adjust the audio in your creations.
8363255.jpg

-- Immersive watching: Professionally tuned sound means rich bass and a magnificent sound stage to better immerse you in your entertainment.
8363254.jpg

-- Enjoy HiFi: Music sounds truly high-fidelity with a highly detailed, low-distortion yet smooth sound.
8363256.jpg

* Included cable comes with HD microphone with in-line controls – middle button used for answer/hangup and play/pause; top and bottom buttons used to adjust volume.

Entry-level price, “Pro” sound quality
Despite its entry-level status, the JD1 features great quality like its FIIO siblings to a Pro level.
-- 10mm LCP dynamic driver: Being both lightweight and highly rigid, this driver is fully capable of providing rich and powerful bass.
8363258.jpg

-- Asymmetrical internal and external magnetic circuits: Effectively increases magnetic field density around the voice coil – leading to a more powerful and robust sound as well as improved transient response.
8363259.jpg

-- Front-rear cavity balanced pressure relief: Allows the dynamic driver to move more freely for better bass but also reduces pressure on your eardrum for more comfortable listening.
8363260.jpg

-- Aluminum alloy sound nozzle: Ensures stable high-quality sound by ensuring every sound wave vibration reaches your ears.
8363262.jpg

Carefully designed and crafted
The JD1 follows excellent industrial designs as seen in FIIO’s previous headphones, providing a rich and diversified entry-level product for consumers.

-- Liquid die-cast zinc alloy faceplate: Features a strong yet light magnesium alloy construction that is liquid die-case and hand-polished.
8363263.jpg

-- 0.78 2pin detachable cable: Allows you to later upgrade to other headphone cables to further unleash the potential of the IEMs.
8363264.jpg

-- Lightweight at only 7g per unit: Allows it to almost disappear in your ears for comfortable long listening sessions.
8363265.jpg

-- Triangular ergonomic shape: Comfortable to wear while remaining stable in your ear.
8363266.jpg

-- Two color choices: Obsidian black and Transparent colors.
8363267.jpg

-- Hi-Res Audio certified: Certified by the Japan Audio Society (JAS) and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
-- Includes 3 pairs of ear tips: Different sizes (SML) to fit different ear canals.

* For its first release, the JD1 will be served 25% off with 400 pieces limited. Come to our AliExpress Official Store to take it home right away: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805990715594.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #1,880 of 1,891
Looks quite cool for an entry-level iem! #lovefortransparency

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #1,883 of 1,891
@o0genesis0o I bought JD7 and received them today together with FiiO LC-RC cable and OMG. I've bought them based on your awesome review. Thank you so much! I'm overjoyed with JD7. First of all, I've been using my FD5 for over a year now and JD7 are just better for me.
1. The fit. One of the reviewer said and I qoute: "I can tell you this, if you have ever tried any of the other Fiio iems which have this same shell type and they either did or did not fit well…the same will be true of the JD7." Not for me, in fact the JD7 fit is so much better than FD5, why? Simple. FD5 shell weighs 11g without the cable, probably 11,5g-12g with the cable, whereas JD7 weighs 8,3g with stock cable, most likely 8,5g with LC-RE cable from FiiO. It seems insignificant but those 3g make a lot of difference for me. JD7 actually sit in my ears and don't slide out like FD5, and guys I have to tell you that I've struggled so much with them. For context, I have small ears and I ended up buying Spinfit 100+ S size and only with those tips I managed to somewhat make FD5 fit, but only for 30 minutes cause they put to much pressure on my ears and I have to take them out and let my ears rest for a couple of minutes. What about JD7? They disappear in my ears and I can listen to them for as long as I like. They fit me with every tip but I still chose the Spinfit 100+, this are the best for me. The HS18 tips that come with JD7 are also very good.

2. Sound. I'm not gonna say a lot about the sound because I'm not really good at explaining things. I will only say this:
Listening to them A/B, FD5 has a LOT of bass and makes me fatigue after listening to them 30 minutes or so and there's also the fit issues that I explained above. JD7 is exactly as o0genesis0o described them: "Smooth tuning with excellent balance between bass, mid, and treble" It is pure BLISS. The soundstage feels the same to me on both, big and spacious, although FD5 maybe is a little better, just maybe. I'm using them with FiiO KA5 with 4.4 connector and my Samsung A52.

All in all. I don't want to shame the FD5, if you are a basshead and they fit you, by all means, buy them and enjoy them. But for me JD7 being lighter and having a smooth tuning has win me over.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,884 of 1,891
@o0genesis0o I bought JD7 and received them today together with FiiO LC-RE cable and OMG. I've bought them based on your awesome review. Thank you so much! I'm overjoyed with JD7. First of all, I've been using my FD5 for over a year now and JD7 are just better for me.
1. The fit. One of the reviewer said and I qoute: "I can tell you this, if you have ever tried any of the other Fiio iems which have this same shell type and they either did or did not fit well…the same will be true of the JD7." Not for me, in fact the JD7 fit is so much better than FD5, why? Simple. FD5 shell weighs 11g without the cable, probably 11,5g-12g with the cable, whereas JD7 weighs 8,3g with stock cable, most likely 8,5g with LC-RE cable from FiiO. It seems insignificant but those 3g make a lot of difference for me. JD7 actually sit in my ears and don't slide out like FD5, and guys I have to tell you that I've struggled so much with them. For context, I have small ears and I ended up buying Spinfit 100+ S size and only with those tips I managed to somewhat make FD5 fit, but only for 30 minutes cause they put to much pressure on my ears and I have to take them out and let my ears rest for a couple of minutes. What about JD7? They disappear in my ears and I can listen to them for as long as I like. They fit me with every tip but I still chose the Spinfit 100+, this are the best for me. The HS18 tips that come with JD7 are also very good.

2. Sound. I'm not gonna say a lot about the sound because I'm not really good at explaining things. I will only say this:
Listening to them A/B, FD5 has a LOT of bass and makes me fatigue after listening to them 30 minutes or so and there's also the fit issues that I explained above. JD7 is exactly as o0genesis0o described them: "Smooth tuning with excellent balance between bass, mid, and treble" It is pure BLISS. The soundstage feels the same to me on both, big and spacious, although FD5 maybe is a little better, just maybe. I'm using them with FiiO KA5 with 4.4 connector and my Samsung A52.

All in all. I don't want to shame the FD5, if you are a basshead and they fit you, by all means, buy them and enjoy them. But for me JD7 being lighter and having a smooth tuning has win me over.
Congrats on your shiny, mate! JD7 is a great IEM that should be mentioned more.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #1,886 of 1,891
I'm in Japan on holiday and was considering treating myself to some high tier iems, but haven't found anything that is ticking all the boxes for the money I'd be paying.
Taking full advantage of the opportunity to demo so many iems, I've also been trying anything that I've ever heard of in these forums and plugged in the JD7. These knocked my socks off for hitting the sweet spot for my ears and I could not find a single fault. I'm not talking technicalities, but sheer enjoyment of each of my demo tracks.
I was wondering if these are the Jade Audio versions of the FD7 and I could achieve the same signature with a higher tier sound going for the FD7? Also, does the venting leak much sound?

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,887 of 1,891
@o0genesis0o I bought JD7 and received them today together with FiiO LC-RC cable and OMG. I've bought them based on your awesome review. Thank you so much! I'm overjoyed with JD7. First of all, I've been using my FD5 for over a year now and JD7 are just better for me.

One year later, i'm still amazed by this iem! It's the best kept secret...

Jan 7, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #1,888 of 1,891
For my FD5 with the regular nozzles I was trying out about a dozen different tips tonight. I think my favorite are these Eletech Baroque: https://elementechnology.com/products/baroque They fit great, are very comfortable, and are more balanced than anything else I tried. They're quite soft and seem to stay clean better than many other. They're way better than anything else I tried.

Deeper and cleaner bass response, clean and clear midrange, delicate highs, and a great soundstage for IEMs. They yield a more balanced sound than the FiiO balanced and vocal tips, several SpinFits, AudioSense, Final E, and several Azlas. All of the tips I tried are about 11mm in diameter, which gives me the best fit. I'm using them on all my IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #1,889 of 1,891
Howdy all,

Coming from the Shure IEMs, my only requirement from ChiFi was the MMCX interface. After a failing attempt when boarding in a hype train on early 2022 -- from a known influencer in the industry (cough -- FHE:Eclipse) -- the FD5 with its warm and energetic tuning, was the one that put me on track on what I want for my next IEMs, which is thick midbass. Therefore, the FD7, FH7S and the FH9 were the next obvious steps after listening the FD5.

There is no such thing as "clean midrange" on my vocabulary. I want mud. Give me mud. Scooped lower mids is boring midrange. Thank you, FD5. Thank you, FiiO. :muscle:

Not using the FD5 much these days as I used to, but that doesn't mean I have lost its respect. On the contrary, I gave it an eye-candy status:

1705275392675.png
1705275403817.png

The FD7 though, is the one I use it most:

1705275488999.png
1705275503219.png

I look forward to the next treats on the FD line coming from FiiO.

Cheers. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back