Fiio K5 Pro - Good Enough for Sennheiser HD 600?
Nov 1, 2021 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lalapuni

100+ Head-Fier
I almost hit the "purchase" button on "Monolith Desktop Headphone Amplifier and DAC with THX AAA Technology (Dual AKM 4493 DACs & Dual AAA-788 Modules)". The reviews say that it is very neutral which would, I imagine, pair well with HD 600?

It's been pretty exhausting browsing the forums, trying to see if there is any actual and, uh, worth 500$ difference of moving from Fiio K5 Pro to this or any other expensive dac and amp.

Some people I talked to were telling me that K5 Pro "doesn't do justice" to HD 600, others have been using K5 with... HD 800S out of all things, and seem to be satisfied.

I'm way too hesitant to actually order one, try for myself and then return, and wait 2-3 weeks for Amazon to refund me, and worry if it arrived safely. Last time I purchased headphones and returned them because they weren't to my preference... 3 weeks passed and no refund was issued. Apparently someone at the post office stole the headphones and sent them open boxes. Amazon never processed the return properly but they did give me money back. I don't imagine they'll do it again.

Anyway, the noise does not bother me on K5 Pro, the sound seems clear but you know, I haven't tried anything else other than plugged in directly (sounds horrible, imo), Sound Blaster G5 and G6 (sounded slightly better than stock but not much, especially G5).

I do not need more power, if it matters. Things get loud enough on K5 Pro, but of course it's not just about loudness.

So, yeah, any advice appreciated...

And I'll say right away, I don't want to get into tubes as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back