[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Jan 21, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #631 of 637
Is the volume control on the K5 pro ESS the same as that on the K7? I've read that its basically dead until 12 o'clock on the K7 and then ramps like crazy after that.

Is the K5 volume control more linear over the entire range?

Jan 21, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #632 of 637
Is the volume control on the K5 pro ESS the same as that on the K7? I've read that its basically dead until 12 o'clock on the K7 and then ramps like crazy after that.

Is the K5 volume control more linear over the entire range?
My K5 Pro OG (with AKM DAC) works from 9 o’clock.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #633 of 637
May 27, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #634 of 637
Guys, tell me. Win10 Fiio k5 pro ESS. A couple of times a day the sound disappears, it comes back by changing the device in Windows to another and returning it back. I listen through headphones, the default device. How to cure?

May 27, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #635 of 637
Guys, tell me. Win10 Fiio k5 pro ESS. A couple of times a day the sound disappears, it comes back by changing the device in Windows to another and returning it back. I listen through headphones, the default device. How to cure?
I had the same sort of problem, but didn't know about switching back and forth between devices in Windows. Eventually the K5 Pro stopped working apart from the coaxial connection. As far as I could tell, the problem affected the USB connection.

My solution was to buy the Topping A50s/D50s stack back in 2021 after this happened, although I would've bought the K7 if it'd been around in time.

May 27, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #636 of 637
hmm interesting, my k5 pro is under bed, don't remember having this, but i usually deal with this by restarting OS, reinstalling any sound driver provided by Fiio or Windows, or unplugging ,replugging, restarting PC without Fiio device plugged in, mathematical ways of trial and error

May 27, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #637 of 637
My K5 Pro (AKM version), connected thru USB to a Win 11 PC doesn’t have such problem, but I don’t use the Win audio stack. Only ASIO audio protocol with Foobar app for local files and Qobuz Studio Win app for streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back