[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 10, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #3,871 of 9,288
Ah cool well not cool but thanks did you manage to get and E.T.A for a patch fix :)

Juj

No word yet. Eagerly waiting.

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #3,872 of 9,288
That's a big relief. If fiio knows about the issue and it's firmware it can be possibly fixed in the future. Lol I never kept headphones connected longer than half a second to know that it would eventually stop. When it happened with my BGVP DM7's connected my ears were ringing for a minute or two afterward.

I was worried I might have lost my hearing too. Now I keep my IEM away from my ear when I start to play when in suspicious condition.

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,873 of 9,288
No word yet. Eagerly waiting.

With all the chat of it I was starting to look at a standalone DAC but wallet is in a very deep pocket and I have very short arms , argh!!! the scotsman curse.

Juj

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #3,875 of 9,288
Sure it will be fixed the dacs and CPU are very capable.

Its defo is a little power house only time its sucks is when its charging :) Just did not want run the risk of my LCD2CB giving me a dail-up wake in the azz :p

Juj

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #3,876 of 9,288
Might go back that route. Curious if anyone picked up https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33028993533.html and feedback.
I just ended up buying another screen protector to keep mine from sliding in the leather case. The TPU is too slippery for me to stand. Debating just making a leather case myself at this point. Can't stand the corners/top not being protected at all.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #3,877 of 9,288
I just ended up buying another screen protector to keep mine from sliding in the leather case. The TPU is too slippery for me to stand. Debating just making a leather case myself at this point. Can't stand the corners/top not being protected at all.

Could you use the tpu as a base to stick the leather or is that too bootleg lol

Juj

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #3,878 of 9,288
With all the chat of it I was starting to look at a standalone DAC but wallet is in a very deep pocket and I have very short arms , argh!!! the scotsman curse.

Juj

Meanwhile I’m actually flirting with the idea of dx220 :) FiiO better fix this soon or bring the pro (without this problem) sooner :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3,879 of 9,288
Meanwhile I’m actually flirting with the idea of dx220 :) FiiO better fix this soon or bring the pro (without this problem) sooner :)

No Stop It.................................................I do like me some new toys and looking never hurt :p

Juj

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #3,880 of 9,288
Ahh welcome to the club :)

FiiO already told me that there is a firmware issue related to this. It’s not a hum from power or static. It’s a USB high speed serial data traffic coupling into audio path. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the USB cable. It lasts 3-4 seconds at most so you can keep the headphone/iem disconnected for few second after you press play. But if you go into mute state, this will happen again. You can toggle USB DAC mode and USB disk mode, restart PC/M11 to temporarily reduce the chance of happening.

It’s a really unfortunate problem...
Thanks for the info. I hope they can offer an update to fix it. Since it can be avoided I'll keep the M11.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #3,881 of 9,288
I was worried I might have lost my hearing too. Now I keep my IEM away from my ear when I start to play when in suspicious condition.

Ha ha dx220 has it's own set of problems. :wink:

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #3,882 of 9,288

Getting your ears blasted is not something you want to do more than once. It's like the electric 'shocking' box of candy prank my uncle used on me when I was about 8- next time he offered me chocolates, no dice- well unless it was a brand name :)

Had a friend that had a lighter that shoked you, needless to say after using it once, I never asked for a light from him again. Bottom line I'm real careful about volume snafus now.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #3,883 of 9,288
Jul 11, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #3,885 of 9,288
Hi i have been using poweramp and have problem when i skip track or previous track using the physical button on m11, the will be no sound and i have to restart the app to hear the sound again.

I had no problem with the fiio music app. Did anybody have same problem?

Edit: skip track with sound is working again with my M11, dunno what fix it though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back