[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #9,046 of 9,288
Has anyone tried rooting the M11 so that Viper4Android can be installed? Has anyone found a way to install TWRP for recovery? It seems to be fairly easy on Android phones but would like to find information and instructions on installing TWRP and Magisk Root?

Thanks!

It's not the latest version of Magisk, but here are instructions. Yes, it is in Russian:

https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=954707&st=1360#entry110424084

Standard cautions relative to rooting your device certainly apply. No idea if Viper will work.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #9,047 of 9,288
I just want to know if I can connect like this:

I want to try to use my fiio M11 as computer dac connecting to my audioengine HD6 (active speakers).

Th audioengine HD6, has the following inputs

3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R, digital optical (SPDIF,) Bluetooth aptX

So my guess is I connect the 3.5mm stereo mini-jack from the HD6 to the 3.5mm connection of the Fiio M11? Is this the way to go, without breaking anything?

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #9,048 of 9,288
I just want to know if I can connect like this:

I want to try to use my fiio M11 as computer dac connecting to my audioengine HD6 (active speakers).

Th audioengine HD6, has the following inputs

3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R, digital optical (SPDIF,) Bluetooth aptX

So my guess is I connect the 3.5mm stereo mini-jack from the HD6 to the 3.5mm connection of the Fiio M11? Is this the way to go, without breaking anything?
Yes, this connection could work. And please switch the output mode of the M11 to lineout.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 18, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #9,049 of 9,288
It's not the latest version of Magisk, but here are instructions. Yes, it is in Russian:

https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=954707&st=1360#entry110424084

Standard cautions relative to rooting your device certainly apply. No idea if Viper will work.
There seems to be many explanations on how to root but each explanation is always missing some points or vague in what needs to be done. If anyone knows of a complete step by step instructions on how to root and install TWRP along with an explanation on how to back up the exisiting system incase of a problem and how to put it all back as it was before starting the process.

In other words... a complete instruction set for dummies with ALL of the files needed to download to make this happen. I'd really like to get Viper4Android reinstalled but don't want to brick my M11 in the process without an emergency safety net to reverse the process if something goes wrong.

Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm sure others would also appreciate the info.

Thanks again.

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #9,050 of 9,288
There seems to be many explanations on how to root but each explanation is always missing some points or vague in what needs to be done. If anyone knows of a complete step by step instructions on how to root and install TWRP along with an explanation on how to back up the exisiting system incase of a problem and how to put it all back as it was before starting the process.

In other words... a complete instruction set for dummies with ALL of the files needed to download to make this happen. I'd really like to get Viper4Android reinstalled but don't want to brick my M11 in the process without an emergency safety net to reverse the process if something goes wrong.

Thanks again.

I have rooted my M11 Pro previously. You don't need TWRP to root unless you want it for other reasons, you simply flash the root zip from recovery. To unroot, just flash the stock firmware, again from recovery. Check PM.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #9,051 of 9,288
Can anyone recommend a good pair of bluetooth headphones that works well and has good volume/gain with the M11? I have a pair of Beats but the sound cuts out on every other song for a split second and it's driving me crazy. The M11 works fine with my small at-home bluetooth adapter so I feel like it's either the Beats themselves or the connection between the two units.

In ears would be preferable to cans, but open to any suggestions! Thanks, y'all!

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #9,054 of 9,288

Thanks again.

I have rooted my M11 Pro previously. You don't need TWRP to root unless you want it for other reasons, you simply flash the root zip from recovery. To unroot, just flash the stock firmware, again from recovery. Check PM.

Has anyone actually rooted the M11 (non pro) and installed Viper4Android? I subscribe everything Thx1326 said, if there's a way, it would be great to post it. Its not like we are breaking any rules, and of course everyone knows messing with the firmware is always at everyone's own risk.

Feb 25, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #9,055 of 9,288
Has anyone actually rooted the M11 (non pro) and installed Viper4Android? I subscribe everything Thx1326 said, if there's a way, it would be great to post it. Its not like we are breaking any rules, and of course everyone knows messing with the firmware is always at everyone's own risk.
Tried a few times and failed at every turn. Gave up.

Feb 25, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #9,056 of 9,288

Rooting, yes (M11 Pro but M11/M11 Pro/M15 are same process). Installing Viper4Android, no, it will install but will never "process" audio. I gave up after a few attempts.

Version 3.43 of the Fiio Music app has Viper built-in (at least on M11 Pro X5iii/X7ii) but it costs $$$. No idea if it will work on other models.

Edit:

Viper4Android does work in legacy mode if you install the Audio Compatibility Patch first.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #9,057 of 9,288
Rooting, yes (M11 Pro but M11/M11 Pro/M15 are same process). Installing Viper4Android, no, it will install but will never "process" audio. I gave up after a few attempts. It's my understanding that it does not have a 64 bit driver, so it will never work.

Version 3.43 of the Fiio Music app has Viper built-in (at least on M11 Pro) but it costs $$$. No idea if it will work on other models.
Don't see it in google play store for the M11, shame it's for newer M series.

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #9,058 of 9,288
Rooting, yes (M11 Pro but M11/M11 Pro/M15 are same process). Installing Viper4Android, no, it will install but will never "process" audio. I gave up after a few attempts. It's my understanding that it does not have a 64 bit driver, so it will never work.

Version 3.43 of the Fiio Music app has Viper built-in (at least on M11 Pro) but it costs $$$. No idea if it will work on other models.
On my previous X5III, I had paid for some of the optional Viper features; only to loose them with the elimination of Viper on the newer M11 (NOT PRO version). You mention Fiio Music app version 3.43 has Viper??? Where did you find this? Is it only for M11 PRO or will it also work on M11 - NON PRO version? Are there any caveats? I don't want to loose features on the M11 or degrade audio performance.

Multiple posts on YouTube (even from XDA personnel) applaud the performance of Viper and recommend it for Android devices, but I can't find any instance of someone actually getting it to run on the M11 - non Pro.

Any suggestions? Any links? Any Help? All would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #9,059 of 9,288
On my previous X5III, I had paid for some of the optional Viper features; only to loose them with the elimination of Viper on the newer M11 (NOT PRO version). You mention Fiio Music app version 3.43 has Viper??? Where did you find this? Is it only for M11 PRO or will it also work on M11 - NON PRO version? Are there any caveats? I don't want to loose features on the M11 or degrade audio performance.

Multiple posts on YouTube (even from XDA personnel) applaud the performance of Viper and recommend it for Android devices, but I can't find any instance of someone actually getting it to run on the M11 - non Pro.

Any suggestions? Any links? Any Help? All would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the misinformation. It was my X7ii that had Viper built-in not the M11 Pro, duh. I have not tried it on my M11 Pro.

This is the link for the last version of Fiio Music with Viper. I would try it but I don't have the player with me:

Click here

I apologize for my confusion on the issue. :confounded:

Feb 25, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #9,060 of 9,288
Sorry for the misinformation. It was my X7ii that had Viper built-in not the M11 Pro, duh. I have not tried it on my M11 Pro.

This is the link for the last version of Fiio Music with Viper. I would try it but I don't have the player with me:

Click here

I apologize for my confusion on the issue. :confounded:
used the link tried it on my M11, no go, it was worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back