FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Apr 25, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #4,006 of 4,083
Added bonus: i had a second M15 i purchased second hand whose screen was PERFECT. And guess what? One year later...SAME FAULT WITH THE SCREEN AS MY ORIGINAL.
So congratulations to fiio for having made a TOTL player who, in my experience, had 100% faulty screen that cannot be repaired by fiio itself AND that fiio never got to take any responsability for or reimburse the customers!
I am so looking forward to buy more expensive gear from such a company that knows how to handle customer support!

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #4,007 of 4,083
Added bonus: i had a second M15 i purchased second hand whose screen was PERFECT. And guess what? One year later...SAME FAULT WITH THE SCREEN AS MY ORIGINAL.
So congratulations to fiio for having made a TOTL player who, in my experience, had 100% faulty screen that cannot be repaired by fiio itself AND that fiio never got to take any responsability for or reimburse the customers!
I am so looking forward to buy more expensive gear from such a company that knows how to handle customer support!
You are s#@t out of luck😐 I am just in disbelief that support cant help out. Mine DX312 had issue with volume wheel and Ibasso helped me out, fixed without a hassle (Paul is a great guy). Cheers

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4,008 of 4,083
You are s#@t out of luck😐 I am just in disbelief that support cant help out. Mine DX312 had issue with volume wheel and Ibasso helped me out, fixed without a hassle (Paul is a great guy). Cheers
The support is literally "we are out of screens". And this was already just a year after they released the M15. At least a decent company would have reimbursed me for the damage unrepaired because it is wholly the maker's fault for NOT supporting the player. Or, and that would be the industry standard, accept to get back the player and offer the same "level" in exchange (and they had the M15s already announced so they could have shown good faith and exchanged it, even if the M15s costs LESS than the M15).
It is baffling i've never had to deal with a company leaving one of their top end players unsupported like it was a throwaway.
I wish i had gone with ibasso or hiby, instead of wasting my money on fiio. If i think about the other stuff i bough from them, the btr5, the Q5S.....Nevermore.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #4,009 of 4,083
The support is literally "we are out of screens". And this was already just a year after they released the M15. At least a decent company would have reimbursed me for the damage unrepaired because it is wholly the maker's fault for NOT supporting the player. Or, and that would be the industry standard, accept to get back the player and offer the same "level" in exchange (and they had the M15s already announced so they could have shown good faith and exchanged it, even if the M15s costs LESS than the M15).
It is baffling i've never had to deal with a company leaving one of their top end players unsupported like it was a throwaway.
I wish i had gone with ibasso or hiby, instead of wasting my money on fiio. If i think about the other stuff i bough from them, the btr5, the Q5S.....Nevermore.
I agree, there should have been a way and intention to help out. Every bad thing for one good...

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #4,011 of 4,083
Hello comrades and @FiiO . Recently I've bought m15 and met kind of problem, my huawei smartphone and tablet don't see m15 in Bluetooth receiving mod, dap is just invisible for the both of them. I can pair m15 with pc, but not with other two gadgets. How can I deal with this trouble?
Build 1.0.4
Try resetting the player i once had the Bluetooth become invisible to other devices. But maybe it was just luck

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,012 of 4,083
Try resetting the player i once had the Bluetooth become invisible to other devices. But maybe it was just luck
What is the button combination for a factory reset?

Made a factory reset from the main android menu, but not solved

SOLVED. Long press on play button in paring mode made m15 visible to android/harmomy gears.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #4,013 of 4,083
Well. This is new/bad. Suddenly, my M15 has no WiFi internet … for Spotify. Ever other app sees internet (Gmail, Chrome, YouTube …)

But Spotify couldn’t search. I tried logging out, and now can’t even log back in. Hiby R6Pro has no such issues. Tried restarting, rebooted WiFi router, pulled hair out … nothing worked.

Android 7 no longer supported by Spotify? PlayStore says ‘Android 5.0 and up’.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #4,014 of 4,083
Hello everyone.
I'm going to tell you a story of how wonderfully this player has been supported by FiiO and how they handled the warranty.
So i bougt it in Q1 2021. Not even 3 months passed, and the screen started showing a slight tint around the edges. And then more. And more. It grew in a thick line all around the screen, that darkened the screen.
So i asked Fiio "what can i do?".
And thus started the headache:
First they said it was "maybe humidity". They said to keep it in a dry environment. Did buy a literal pack of silica gel and put it inside. Nothing happened after a week of keeping it there. Then i started looking online and it seemed it was a VERY Common issue with the screen. So i wrote them again, confronted them about it, and guess what?
"Sorry we don't have any more spare parts".
It was released in 2020, and after a SINGLE YEAR they alreay were out of one of the main components. And the best thing: they offered me a 5% off in their aliexpress store to buy an M17. And if you ever saw the prices on aliexpress, at least here, it's way over 20% markup.
So a device that is 1399$ was made, with a screen that was notoriously bad and couldn't even be fixed by them.
Now you might think "is that all?"
YOU WISH!
So when i bought it i didn't pay mind to it, but from the get go, i didn't notice it charging when turned off. Thought it just didn't have any on-screen notice and just ignored it. But, as you can see in the thread, i found out this WAS NOT a normal thing! It once hit 0% and that was it. No longer possible to charge, not possible to use, dead weight.
Thanks to my stubborness, i managed to "force reboot" it enough times (when the battery is exhausted, there is an animation that asks to charge it. If you keep force rebooting it, while connected to the charger, in my case it ended up booting up with 0% battery and THEN started charging) that it turned on for a split second and the charge managed to start.
So this time i contacted the seller, a very nice shop that immediately told me to ship it to them for repairs. And so i did, sent it to them and they sent it to fiio. About a month after that, it came back.
And guess what? Fiio didn't fix it! they literally told the shop "oh yeah we fixed it" and when i tried charging it while turned off, it stil had the same issue! So, 3 months after the initial shipping, i had the same issues and also paid for the shipping.
So i contacted the shop and told them about it, they didn't even think it could be possible they trusted fiio had fixed it. I can understand, so i sent them videos and they immediately asked to ship it back again.
This time, after 3 more months i got it back and now, finally the battery charges even when turned off with an animation showing it's charging.
It took them, all in all, 6 months to fix the issue.
Of course the screen is still bad and now a LOT of stuck red/green pixels are on the display, so it's basically a dead player walking.
My experience was beyond bad, and all this after i had put a lot of trust in fiio by buying a K9pro, a Q5s TC, BTR5, gifing another one to my gf and to my father, so i could say i had high hopes and trust in them, but now that i saw how they handled my case and how they handled repairs, i will no longer be interested in any of their offerings.
They had many ways to show sincere support or at least take responsability for their shortcomings, but the only one that was actually willing to support me in the warranty was the shop i bought it from, that has been very supportive and didn't leave me alone hanging.
I had the same issue with my Ibasso DX300 and my Hiby R8. Got about 5000 in bricks. Customer service sucks as I get no feedback other them to send at my cost and they will replace whatever with another one. Never got anything from Hiby, I hate these Chinese companies that promise the world and than screw you over with no service. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #4,015 of 4,083
This is the main reason why I bought 4 dongles in one month... DC04PRO-RU6-M15-RU7, you spend less and risk less without losing almost anything in terms of audio quality... indeed. They do not break and do not age.

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #4,016 of 4,083
I had the same issue with my Ibasso DX300 and my Hiby R8. Got about 5000 in bricks. Customer service sucks as I get no feedback other them to send at my cost and they will replace whatever with another one. Never got anything from Hiby, I hate these Chinese companies that promise the world and than screw you over with no service. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
I got support from the seller, and the real let down was fiio. They didn't keep spare parts and literally gave zero support.
Meanwhile there are other companies that give way better support. but i guess i also have now relied on LOCAL suppliers, so not buying from the "original store" but from local distributors giving 3 years warranty changes a LOT.

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,017 of 4,083
Well. This is new/bad. Suddenly, my M15 has no WiFi internet … for Spotify. Ever other app sees internet (Gmail, Chrome, YouTube …)

But Spotify couldn’t search. I tried logging out, and now can’t even log back in. Hiby R6Pro has no such issues. Tried restarting, rebooted WiFi router, pulled hair out … nothing worked.

Android 7 no longer supported by Spotify? PlayStore says ‘Android 5.0 and up’.
Anybody?

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify -- no help. I'm on the device right now -- gonna post this.

But the Spotify app still says 'off-line, no internet'.

Crap!

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #4,018 of 4,083
Anybody?

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify -- no help. I'm on the device right now -- gonna post this.

But the Spotify app still says 'off-line, no internet'.

Crap!
Is there no way to use Spotify via UAPP, like for Tidal and Qobuz?

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #4,019 of 4,083
Jun 6, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #4,020 of 4,083
Good question, I haven’t tried that.

Thanks
If that doesn't solve it either, all you have to do is connect it to a smartphone in dac mode... it's not the best I know... but it saves you from throwing it into a wall...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back