[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jan 25, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #2,371 of 5,703

FiiO Music App V3.0.9 for M series players update now!​

5373855.jpg

Updated in 2022-01-25
Changes and improvements about new Android APP are as follows :
1. Added a new theme: Technology (can be enabled in Settings -> Theme -> Custom background);
2. Upgraded the BT device control center to a brand new one(now called FiiO Control);
3. Added sorting by year;
4. Added support for DLNA-Emby service in Media Server(Emby/UPNP/SMB protocols are now supported);
5. Added Now Playing list in the Media Server playback menu;
6. Added new options: Max Volume Lock and Allow background Activity (can be set in Settings -> USB output);
7. Fixed the issue where the volume control would not work for some tracks in D2P output mode;
8. Fixed the issue where the DSD tracks might not be played properly (only white noise can be heard) while the Exclusive USB audio access mode is turned off;
9. Miscellaneous improvements on performance;1. Added a new theme: Technology (can be enabled in Settings -> Theme -> Custom background);
2. Upgraded the BT device control center to a brand new one(now called FiiO Control);
3. Added sorting by year;
4. Added support for DLNA-Emby service in Media Server;
5. Added Now Playing list in the Media Server playback menu;
6. Added new options: Max Volume Lock and Allow background Activity (can be set in Settings -> USB output);
7. Fixed the issue where the volume control would not work for some tracks in D2P output mode;
8. Fixed the issue where the DSD tracks might not be played properly (only white noise can be heard) while the Exclusive USB audio access mode is turned off;
9. Miscellaneous improvements on performance;

FiiO Music app-V3.0.9 for M series Android players: Click here

How to check the APP version of FiiO Music app:

From settings-About-VersionX.X.X

How to update the FiiO Music app in players:
Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file explorer/file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal storage/sd card and click install.

Do I miss something, or FIIO player access to Upnp servers doesn't allow DSD files to be played on the M17 ?
I have no issue with flac files and with Neutron no issue with Flac "and" DSD files from my Synology Upnp Server.

And it's a pity that Fiio player can't be set as a DLNA renderer to be accessed by an external player like Bubbleupnp, Neutron, Mconnect, Foobar2000 .. for access to Qobuz, or when the M17 is used on the desktop stand connected to a DC 12V/3A plug (not really easy to manipulate) and must be driven by a Windows computer, Iphone, Ipad Pro or any of my android smartphones.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #2,372 of 5,703
Just a PSA: Keep your M17 in the case folks!

My friend woke up to this nightmare in the morning. We are still trying to figure out how it happened coz he's sure it didn't fall and neither had something drop on it.

A fall would've definitely done more damage than this. Dropping something on the screen would also have left a bigger damage. Anyway, as we're still trying to figure out how this happened, please for heaven's sake keep your M17 in the case.

IMG-20220125-WA0022.jpg

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #2,373 of 5,703

My friend woke up to this nightmare in the morning. We are still trying to figure out how it happened coz he's sure it didn't fall and neither had something drop on it.

A fall would've definitely done more damage than this. Dropping something on the screen would also have left a bigger damage. Anyway, as we're still trying to figure out how this happened, please for heaven's sake keep your M17 in the case.

IMG-20220125-WA0022.jpg
Far out that doesn't look good!
Sorry - late to the party, does it ship with a decent case or is it best to buy a separate case?

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #2,374 of 5,703

IMG-20220125-WA0022.jpg
Eh, weird. Well it didn't happen of its own accord. Does he have kids/pets? Did he leave it on the stand?

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #2,375 of 5,703
Sorry - late to the party, does it ship with a decent case or is it best to buy a separate case?
Ships with case, yes. I'm not aware of any 3rd party cases yet, but stock one is perfectly good.

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #2,377 of 5,703

Oh, that is sad. It is obvious that the screen took a hard hit from something on the edge. Or it was squeezed in a bag together with a hard piece of metal or something.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #2,378 of 5,703
Yeah. It ships with a nice leather case. I think this could've been avoided if the case was on.

Eh, weird. Well it didn't happen of its own accord. Does he have kids/pets? Did he leave it on the stand?
No kids, no pets. He lives alone, hence the puzzle😥

Has this crack gone through the preinstalled screen protector and really reached the screen?
From the Picture it looks like it only damaged the protector.
I think the pre-applied protector is a film based one and not a tempered glass protector. Therefore i think the crack is on the screen.

Oh, that is sad. It is obvious that the screen took a hard hit from something on the edge. Or it was squeezed in a bag together with a hard piece of metal or something.
He says that he was listening to it on the bed at night and woke up to this. My theory is that it must've bumped with something hard or he slept over it. Regardless, I'd suggest owners to keep the cover on. The thing definitely needs to be handled with care.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #2,379 of 5,703
I think the pre-applied protector is a film based one and not a tempered glass protector. Therefore i think the crack is on the screen.
The spare ones, as Fiio calls them, that are in the box are also glass/plastic ones (not film based) so I would check it! It looks like something is applied, which cracked and could be pulled off.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #2,380 of 5,703

Bummer. If it is indeed the actual screen that's cracked I would contact FiiO for a replacement screen while it's still in production. It's probably gonna be costly but maybe a modder or you could replace it yourself. Good luck.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #2,381 of 5,703
It seems that glass is glued on top of the screen, and not a protective film.
And it was the protective glass that cracked ...

IMG-20220125-WA0022 копия.jpg

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #2,382 of 5,703
He says that he was listening to it on the bed at night and woke up to this.
There's your answer right there.

And the lesson here is applicable to several walks of life - never ever sleep with your M17 but if you do, please for your own health, always wear protection.

🙏🏻

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #2,383 of 5,703
It seems that glass is glued on top of the screen, and not a protective film.
And it was the protective glass that cracked ...

IMG-20220125-WA0022 копия.jpg
That screen surround/edging looks to be chipped/damaged. But… that protector looks to have saved the main screen. 😨

Jan 25, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #2,385 of 5,703
That screen surround/edging looks to be chipped/damaged. But… that protector looks to have saved the main screen. 😨
Right on the money sir! 😎

IMG-20220125-WA0043.jpg

The screen protector is actually a tempered glass protector that seems to have saved the day! Inspecting the device revealed that it was perhaps slept on rather than dropped or been dropped on. Anyway, sanity has been restored!

IMG-20220125-WA0038.jpg

New screen protector applied and cover put on for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back