FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
May 12, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,998 of 3,173
Is this app just a music player? There doesn't seem to be any controls to change the q5 settings.
Have you updated the Bluetooth firmware? Can confirm shows perfectly fine for me...

BT firmware is a couple of pages back.

May 12, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #2,001 of 3,173
I will say again, there is separate firmware for the Bluetooth... THAT is what is needing to be updated.

May 12, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #2,003 of 3,173
May 12, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,004 of 3,173
Updated bluetooth firmware and the app works well. Some initial hiccups with audio playback, but seems to have been sorted out. Haven't yet gone back to test USB connection. FiiO, the spinning album artwork is a nice touch.

May 12, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,005 of 3,173
Gotta say this process isn't all that smooth or professional. Not happy that all these features were advertised and not being available to android, also you have to go digging around for obscure links to update the firmware. Companies like Fiio and Ibasso have always been subpar with this sort of product support.
Just looked at the instructions for updating the bt fw, and it looks pretty complicated. I don't think I'm going to bother. This process is just too complicated and painful for a consumer grade product.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #2,007 of 3,173
Because the Q5 communicates via BT for the app info, same whether iOS or Android

May 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #2,008 of 3,173
Has anyone else managed to upgrade the bt fw? The instructions are a little ambiguous. I've tried several times without success. Frustrating!!! Why?!!
To anyone who has successfully updated, can you provide any tips?

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #2,010 of 3,173
Has anyone else managed to upgrade the bt fw? The instructions are a little ambiguous. I've tried several times without success. Frustrating!!! Why?!!
To anyone who has successfully updated, can you provide any tips?
So long as the driver is installed on a Windows PC, turn on Bluetooth, but make sure nothing is paired to it (ie switch off your cellphones BT), hold down back and forward buttons at the same time for a few seconds, plug in the USB cable into the left hand port, and hit go on the windows application, should be good to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back