FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #826 of 3,121
Neither have I until the X1 II hit the market. I was just trying to help him...isn't that what this form is about?

I must have missed the part where holding the reset combo for 5 minutes actually worked for somebody? (honest question)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 18, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #828 of 3,121
I must have missed the part where holding the reset combo for 5 minutes actually worked for somebody? (honest question)

Yes I can't remember the name but I was talking with him yesterday and his player was frozen. When he pressed a button all he would get was zeros across the screen. He tried pressing and holding the power button but it didn't do anything until he pressed it for a full 5 or 6 minutes.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #829 of 3,121

Yes I can't remember the name but I was talking with him yesterday and his player was frozen. When he pressed a button all he would get was zeros across the screen. He tried pressing and holding the power button but it didn't do anything until he pressed it for a full 5 or 6 minutes.

that was me, did someone else have this issue? FiiO DMd me the other day and wanted more info, they asked for the music files i was listening to. they said there is no debug mode or reset function but a 10 second power button press is generally all you need. in my case it did take about 5 minutes of having the power button held for it to power cycle and i have been listening since with no issues. wired or bluetooth. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #830 of 3,121
unrelated, i asked FiiO if there were plans for a stacking kit and they said not unless there's a market push for it. so if you want one (i really want one!) please tell them right away! 

or if there are any out there with an eye for 3d models i have access to a 3d printer at work and can print my own. (if you get me the files ill even print you one as a thank you!)

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #831 of 3,121
  that was me, did someone else have this issue? FiiO DMd me the other day and wanted more info, they asked for the music files i was listening to. they said there is no debug mode or reset function but a 10 second power button press is generally all you need. in my case it did take about 5 minutes of having the power button held for it to power cycle and i have been listening since with no issues. wired or bluetooth. 

Hi..I couldn't remember who it was...so many people on here. georgelai57 had a similar problem as you..well he said his player hung for 6 hours so I told him what you did but I think he's going to return it. No issues with mine yet either on my 5th day of ownership.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #832 of 3,121

Neither have I until the X1 II hit the market. I was just trying to help him...isn't that what this form is about?

I laughed at his comment, but TBH I think he was fed up with the device from day one according to his other post in this thread.  There's going to be folks out there that don't want to deal with the quirks and he's one of them it appears.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #833 of 3,121
  unrelated, i asked FiiO if there were plans for a stacking kit and they said not unless there's a market push for it. so if you want one (i really want one!) please tell them right away! 

or if there are any out there with an eye for 3d models i have access to a 3d printer at work and can print my own. (if you get me the files ill even print you one as a thank you!)

That's very generous of you but I don't need one. We actually have a 3d printer in our office too. I wonder if I could make a TPU rubber case for my X1 II with that...hmm.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #834 of 3,121
  I laughed at his comment, but TBH I think he was fed up with the device from day one according to his other post in this thread.  There's going to be folks out there that don't want to deal with the quirks and he's one of them it appears.

Yes he sounded a bit on edge. I think he'll end up returning his if he hasn't chucked it in the garbage yet.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #835 of 3,121

Hi..I couldn't remember who it was...so many people on here. georgelai57 had a similar problem as you..well he said his player hung for 6 hours so I told him what you did but I think he's going to return it. No issues with mine yet either on my 5th day of ownership.

gotcha, even with the few issues. its still a great sound and a great player. super bummed theres no stacking kit plans right away tho. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #836 of 3,121
  gotcha, even with the few issues. its still a great sound and a great player. super bummed theres no stacking kit plans right away tho. 

They might...I think they had one for the original X1 or maybe that was the X3II. It is a great sounding player I agree. I just plan on using mine with my IEMs at work or at home so I don't think I need an external amp. I might actually buy a second one and keep it at work and one at home. Maybe I'll wait until the second batch of X1 II are out before I buy another one. Sometimes they refine the players a little after the first production run if there are any outstanding issues.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #837 of 3,121

They might...I think they had one for the original X1 or maybe that was the X3II. It is a great sounding player I agree. I just plan on using mine with my IEMs at work or at home so I don't think I need an external amp. I might actually buy a second one and keep it at work and one at home. Maybe I'll wait until the second batch of X1 II are out before I buy another one. Sometimes they refine the players a little after the first production run if there are any outstanding issues.

They did and it worked for both the X1 & X3II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back