FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,147 of 3,121
Ok, new guy here. I joined up specifically because I just had my iPod classic 6.5-120gb give up the ghost.
So, I immediately bought the FIIO X1-gen2.

THEN.....I read this thread. All of this thread.

Since the gen 2 is continuing to be laggy and flakey, I wonder if anyone can help me.head off unnecessary drama when my device gets here Wednesday.

All I have ever done in the past is to buy a CD, import it to iTunes, then load.it to my pod. The CD goes on the shelf only to be needed if I'm lending it out or need to reload it on my pod for whatever reason.

I would like to duplicate this experience with my new X1-GEN2.

Normal for me would be the ability to have :
Artist - Album - song titles
Then have them in alphabetical order by artist.

Is this doable on the x1?
Is it a simple process/automated?

I am running Linux Peppermint on my laptop, so I still need a management application (any suggestions are welcome) and was looking at Tangerine or Audacious.

FWIW, and off topic, I also plan to gut the dead iPod's harddrive and attempt to swap it for aSD conversion. So any suggestions on music file manager should be able to play nice with both devices. Yes?

Anyhow, thanks for having me. I look forward to any and all advice and help that you guys could offer me.

Dear jonymadcap,

Normal for me would be the ability to have :
Artist - Album - song titles
Then have them in alphabetical order by artist.

Is this doable on the x1?

---After finishing updating the X1II. You can enter category--artists to choose the artist you prefer. Then albums of this certain artist would be displayed, and all the songs of this album would sort according to the track number.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 21, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2,149 of 3,121
  I must admit from what I have read so far I must agree and will probably wait a little longer. I did have a Shanling M1 but was not that impressed with the sound so sold it.

@Markf I just went to demo the X1 II, what I noticed is that the trebles (e.g. cymbals) are drier and mid-bass + bass seem a bit stronger and cleaner than the Shanling M1. Wondering if it's similar to your impressions?

Also want to ask the others on this thread, how do you guys find the treble compared to other DAPs? I found the cymbals/hihats very dry with less shimmer but I'm not sure if it's just my KZ ZS3 acting up. 

I find the UI while slower than the Shanling M1 still acceptable. @JamesFiiO can you share if the engineers will be able to improve the response speed and library scanning speed, or is it already at its fastest already? I also tried searching the thread but no luck, will gapless be added eventually?

Edit: Also is there any low gain/high gain setting for the headphone out? On paper the X1 II outputs are much higher than the Shanling M1, but when I am A-Bing I have to run the volume on X1 II at 50+ vs Shanling M1 at 40+ out of 100, EQ off. Any ideas?

Although the M1 can be a USB DAC and digital transport, I find the X1 II more useful daily as I sometimes need line out for plugging into my stereo at home, etc.

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,150 of 3,121

Edit: Also is there any low gain/high gain setting for the headphone out? On paper the X1 II outputs are much higher than the Shanling M1, but when I am A-Bing I have to run the volume on X1 II at 50+ vs Shanling M1 at 40+ out of 100, EQ off. Any ideas?

Although the M1 can be a USB DAC and digital transport, I find the X1 II more useful daily as I sometimes need line out for plugging into my stereo at home, etc.

Hi,

There are two modes for Line Out: fixed-level and volume-adjustable.
First choice :
If you choose fixed-level ,there are three fixed level outputs: 0db,-3 db and -6 db
Second choice :
While choosing volume-adjustable, you can press the volume buttons to adjust the output sound level. 

First is better than second ; I recommended it with level 0db.

Best regards

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,151 of 3,121

@Markf I just went to demo the X1 II, what I noticed is that the trebles (e.g. cymbals) are drier and mid-bass + bass seem a bit stronger and cleaner than the Shanling M1. Wondering if it's similar to your impressions?

Also want to ask the others on this thread, how do you guys find the treble compared to other DAPs? I found the cymbals/hihats very dry with less shimmer but I'm not sure if it's just my KZ ZS3 acting up. 

I find the UI while slower than the Shanling M1 still acceptable. @JamesFiiO can you share if the engineers will be able to improve the response speed and library scanning speed, or is it already at its fastest already? I also tried searching the thread but no luck, will gapless be added eventually?

Dear gemmoglock,

Thank you for your feedback for X1II.

We will report to the engineers about that and try to improve the UI of the X1II. According to the feedback from some users, the scanning speed is faster in FW1.5.6, you may have a try as well. The gapless function would be added in later firmware. Our engineers are working hard and trying to add it soon. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

The high/low gain function is not added in the X1II.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 21, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #2,152 of 3,121
Can current users share of the UI lag has been reduced with new FW? I read earlier reviews that changing the tracks and a few seconds of lag between tracks. May be up getting the X1 as the M3 doesn't support higher sample rates than 48khz.

The lag is pretty much gone for me. It's still not lightning fast,but it no longer takes several second, about half a second at most, for me at least.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,154 of 3,121
OK, So I have a quick, Noob-ish question. This is probably not even exclusive to the X1-gen2, but I would like to know. 

Since my iPod 6.5 120gb bit the big one, I ordered the X1-gen2 and am prepping to reload all my music. a good portion of my music is still on itunes. Is there a way for me to import these files from itunes to the X1?

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #2,155 of 3,121
  OK, So I have a quick, Noob-ish question. This is probably not even exclusive to the X1-gen2, but I would like to know. 

Since my iPod 6.5 120gb bit the big one, I ordered the X1-gen2 and am prepping to reload all my music. a good portion of my music is still on itunes. Is there a way for me to import these files from itunes to the X1?

When you get the X1ii format the TF card in the player and just copy and paste or drag and drop your music files from the itunes music folder on your computer to the TF card. It's also faster to copy files to the card if you use an adapter and plug it right into your computer and copy the files to it and then put it back in your X1ii after you're finished. Copying files to the X1ii is very slow if you're using the data transfer cable so it's better to copy directly to the card.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #2,156 of 3,121
When you get the X1ii format the TF card in the player and just copy and paste or drag and drop your music files from the itunes music folder on your computer to the TF card. It's also faster to copy files to the card if you use an adapter and plug it right into your computer and copy the files to it and then put it back in your X1ii after you're finished. Copying files to the X1ii is very slow if you're using the data transfer cable so it's better to copy directly to the card.

Excellent, OK, one other question. What is the recommended format for the SD card?

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,160 of 3,121
Beautiful, thanks guys.

No problem!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back