Fiio X3 mk 1 replacement battery
Jan 9, 2020 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

damole

New Head-Fier
My original X3 needs a new battery and Fiio in Thailand don't have any which is the first place I tried as I bought it in Thailand. Is it the same battery as later generations of the X3? On AliExpress sellers want me to measure the battery to be sure which doesn't make me feel confident ordering from China.

Has anyone purchased one recently?

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 12
Wrong forum section (this is portable headphones, not portable source.)

Do remember FiiO is a Chinese brand. So the oem battery stuff is legitimately from china. Haha

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 12
I just noticed it's in the wrong forum too, not impressive for a first post as genck points out having been a member for 11 years, I as surprised as you it's my first post.

I got my first Creative 128 MB stick mp3 player I would guess 17 years ago. I had the orignal Archos video player with 2.5" hard drive and lots of Cowown iAudio stuff and others in between. I guess I got all my answer from reading other's post. I was probably a more frequent poster on anythingbutipod when that was around.

I bought a pair of Sony WHY-1000XM3s last year and so have been listening using my phone via AptXHD quite a bit. I have Philips Fidelio M1s and a pair of hardly used Alessandro Music Series One, Koss PortaPro and Sennheiser PXC 250-II headphones too.

Hopefully a mod can move it the correct forum.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 12
This is the battery I was talking about:

FiioX3battery.PNG

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 12
I read somewhere that it's not so easy to replace the battery but in Chiang Mai there are many small phone repair shops that would be happy to help.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Looks easy enough, just a ribbon cable away. Just make surebto not bend the battery.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 12
The battery arrived on Friday, fitted today, working well so far after a full charge. I will see how it performs over the next few days first and then over the coming weeks and months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back