FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #10,771 of 18,020
Apr 2, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #10,774 of 18,020
Rooted and have installed viper4android. What music app do you guys recommend to use? Was a Poweramp user for quite a few years but read that somewhere here that it doesn't use the X7's and viper's full potential?

I have the paid OnkyoHF app since my Z3+ Oppo-HA2 combo era. But it's just plain ugly...

Suggestions are appreciated.:)

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #10,775 of 18,020
Rooted and have installed viper4android. What music app do you guys recommend to use? Was a Poweramp user for quite a few years but read that somewhere here that it doesn't use the X7's and viper's full potential?

I have the paid OnkyoHF app since my Z3+ Oppo-HA2 combo era. But it's just plain ugly...

Suggestions are appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

actually v4a doesn't use the X7's full potential AFAIK. then again, i don't know how much music you have that's of higher quality than the redbook standard.

if the default player is good enough for you i suggest just using that one.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #10,776 of 18,020

actually v4a doesn't use the X7's full potential AFAIK. then again, i don't know how much music you have that's of higher quality than the redbook standard.

if the default player is good enough for you i suggest just using that one.

i read with v4a it only plays 44.1/16bit anything above gets downsampled that was according to joe bloggs

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #10,777 of 18,020
  I have not been to this thread in a LONG time so I have a few questions.

Could I put Tidal on the internal 32gb and put a 200gb in the external and if yes to those could I shuffle between all of this?

Tidal and other streaming services such as Qobuz will only download to the internal memory at present so you are limited to 32gb. This is different to my phone (LG G3) where there is the option to change download location to micro SD CARD. Fiio are aware of this issue and hopefully are looking to a firmware solution although I haven't seen any recent updates on progress - Fiio can you comment ?. I think this is what you were asking but if not please clarify the question.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #10,780 of 18,020
Because the official website of the fiio said their plan is the am3 will launch in march and now already april
I'm just repeating what they told me. I asked them about future amp modules, they said am2 has just been released then they sent this message "as for other amp modules, they are estimated to be released in a few months". That was last thursday.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #10,781 of 18,020
Tidal and other streaming services such as Qobuz will only download to the internal memory at present so you are limited to 32gb. This is different to my phone (LG G3) where there is the option to change download location to micro SD CARD. Fiio are aware of this issue and hopefully are looking to a firmware solution although I haven't seen any recent updates on progress - Fiio can you comment ?. I think this is what you were asking but if not please clarify the question.

Thanks for the reply. I knew that I would be limited to the 32gb internal which I'm fine with for now but was also wondering that if I had a 200gb mSD card would I be able to shuffle between the Tidal on the internal 32gb and the 200gb of my music on the mSD card.

If FiiO is able to update this to I believe Android 5.0 and above this is when you are able to put Tidal, Spotify on the mSD, earlier editions are unable.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #10,782 of 18,020
I'm just repeating what they told me. I asked them about future amp modules, they said am2 has just been released then they sent this message "as for other amp modules, they are estimated to be released in a few months". That was last thursday.

The am2 released in Feb and i bought it already, pair with my ie800 that sounds good.
And i have a Forza Faw copper balance cable for my v6 are waiting for the am3...
Thanks for giving the lastest info of the am3
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #10,783 of 18,020
  The am2 released in Feb and i bought it already, pair with my ie800 that sounds good.
And i have a Forza Faw copper balance cable for my v6 are waiting for the am3...
Thanks for giving the lastest info of the am3
biggrin.gif

Only in China. It was only released last month to the rest of the world. So you can see we are a bit slower than what they used to estimate.

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #10,785 of 18,020
My X7 is on the way, can't wait. Will be paring with 64 audio u12. Anyone else with similar pairing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back