FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 15, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #31 of 6,207
Jul 15, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #32 of 6,207
2g of RAM

giphy.gif

@FiiO
Awesome, great price too.

@superuser1
Can you add the ram and dac and the like to the thread title like the X5iii and X7 threads. Please :)

On it :)

Jul 15, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #35 of 6,207
For me its a side step!

Jul 15, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #36 of 6,207
Impressive, do we know Ibasso Dx200 uses dual es9038Pro instead of 1 ? Pricing maybe very impressive, and software Os as well. However, by using the same DAC in a single setup instead of 2x in comparison to DX200, the competitions maybe tighter than we think it is.

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #38 of 6,207
features mean nothing without proper implementation

I know this will pop up sooner or later. But how will the general consumer think ? Dual...or Single ? Pricing is not too far away.

Hell, you want proper implementations ? You do Desktop setup like this

Dual es9038 Pro with dual PS, Discreted Class A output ....etc...etc....nothing is proper when using desktop class DAC into portable implementations. However, I agree implementations is important

IMG_1561.JPG

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 6,207
I know this will pop up sooner or later. But how will the general consumer think ? Dual...or Single ? Pricing is not too far away.

Hell, you want proper implementations ? nothing is proper when using desktop class DAC into portable implementations. However, I agree implementations is important

I'm tired of buying a device with a bunch of features and promises only to have to return it. then getting hit with a restocking fee to boot. why does the consumer have to endure a financial cost when it is the manufacturer who advertises an item but never delivers?

edit - then produces a new and improved version

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #41 of 6,207
I'm tired of buying a device with a bunch of features and promises only to have to return it. then getting hit with a restocking fee to boot. why does the consumer have to endure a financial cost when it is the manufacturer who advertises an item but never delivers?

Now, I agree with the first part. Buying and then returning to get hit by fees is no fun. How does the manufacturer deliver their promises ? Well sound performances is subjective, only hardware is objective, and they say what they do. That is why I am saying, single chip vs dual chip of the same kind, the competition is fierce. The only time you can say that they don't deliver is when they advertise using 2x chips but only have 1 inside. No manufacturer would dare doing that.

Regarding sound performances, that is why we need impressions from early adopters and reviewers. Using removable amplification modules, there are possible improvements to have....though both DX200 and X7 have it as well....Fierce competition

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #42 of 6,207
Now, I agree with the first part. Buying and then returning to get hit by fees is no fun. How does the manufacturer deliver their promises ? Well sound performances is subjective, only hardware is objective, and they say what they do. That is why I am saying, single chip vs dual chip of the same kind, the competition is fierce. The only time you can say that they don't deliver is when they advertise using 2x chips but only have 1 inside. No manufacturer would dare doing that.

Regarding sound performances, that is why we need impressions from early adopters and reviewers. Using removable amplification modules, there are possible improvements to have....though both DX200 and X7 have it as well....Fierce competition

I didn't even mention the objectiveness of sound, instead there are a some companies that produce a product with a set of features. they deliver the product without the features enabled and then try with multiple firmware updates to deliver. unfortunately too many of us (me included) spend money on these less than complete products. I for one am done being a paying tester of products and until more of us adopt that stance the cycle will never be broken.

And its not exclusive to this industry, it is prevalent throughout the electronics industry

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #43 of 6,207
Yep. No thanks. They haven't been able to get it right in the X7 so I'll be passing on the MKII.

Hahaha same here. But let me audition it when it comes ashore. Have i lost confidence with FiiO's firmware - yes. Have i closed the book on them, maybe - that's why i have to check out their MK2 and see if it's worth purchasing.

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #44 of 6,207
I didn't even mention the objectiveness of sound, instead there are a some companies that produce a product with a set of features. they deliver the product without the features enabled and then try with multiple firmware updates to deliver. unfortunately too many of us (me included) spend money on these less than complete products. I for one am done being a paying tester of products and until more of us adopt that stance the cycle will never be broken.

And its not exclusive to this industry, it is prevalent throughout the electronics industry

I see what you meant. It is not easy to properly engineer and package "desktop class" chip into portable device :). Even AK have troubles. Anyways, the awesome news here is that X7 MKII allows user selectable filters modes from ESS. I am following SP1000 as well, not sure how they are doing over there. Still too new. The only player that does so well with digital filtering/similar features is Sony Walkman WM1A/Z. I love their D.C. Linearizer so so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back