Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 17, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #752 of 4,965
Are there any Final Audio D8000 Pro owners who had a chance to compare them against the new Heddphones?
I would like to find out if it is really worthwhile spending $3000 more for the Final.
My indoor end game headphone.

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #754 of 4,965
I assume you mean the Final D8000 Pro as your end game headphone?
Have you had the chance to compare them against the Heddphones or maybe the Abyss 1266 TC?
Yep this , and the Abyss is nice but horrible fit, cant move head or it falls. The 800 pro and the 1266 TC are head to head equal. 1266 TC a tad more bass while the 800 Pro a bit more detailed.
20191107_173059.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #755 of 4,965
I can't pick which headphone I like more. They are all unique.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #757 of 4,965
OH, I have tried HEDDphone a few times during the CanJam. They are quite different from D8000 pro.
I was really impressed by HEDD's soundstage, the soundstage is large but very natural. The separation and image are reference-level accurate and I felt like listening to the music in a high-end studio. The background is also extremely dark, I think it benefits from the SPL amp.
I read some impressions saying HEDDphone's bass is soft, but to me not necessary. But the bass is positioned a little backward, thus, the bass sounds less punchy but calmer. The bass texture remains pretty decent and very clean and linear. The mid sounds a bit "serious" and have some sense of German-style, it reminds me a little bit of HD800s and T1 but definitely juicier than both Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. The treble may be my least favorite part, it is a bit harsh to me. It might be that I have been used to the sound signatures of 300B tube amps, but the SPL amp is on the completely opposite of the thing.
I'm very interested in buying one pair. I mean for the price, it has lots of potentials to be a "giant slayer" when pairing with the right source/amp (to my taste the SPL amp is not a very good choice).

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #758 of 4,965
Just to note that Final has begun selling the stock earpads for both D8000 and the Pro on their domestic webshop. Still doesn't know if global dealers would provide this service in the future. Anyway this could be a way that creates a synergy between the two versions.

Mar 8, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #759 of 4,965
Just to note that Final has begun selling the stock earpads for both D8000 and the Pro on their domestic webshop. Still doesn't know if global dealers would provide this service in the future. Anyway this could be a way that creates a synergy between the two versions.

I’m very happy with the Pro pads for my D8000. I anticipate from how they are made that they will last longer than the stock D8000 pads.

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #761 of 4,965
I'm curious how D8000 pro compares with Abyss Diana Phi. Anyone here had auditioned both appreciates if impression can be shared..cheers
D8000 Pro a big step up from that plastic headphone.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #762 of 4,965
:sweat_smile:plastic headphone... that's made by alloy, not plastic. imo the diana has a weird design that'll never fit my head and ears but the sound is okay, yet still a distance away from the D8000. Its driver is small and gives a delicate and transparent sound, while the D8000 sound is fuller, richer and wider. Not bad for Diana being a portable choice as it's smaller and lighter.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #763 of 4,965
:sweat_smile:plastic headphone... that's made by alloy, not plastic. imo the diana has a weird design that'll never fit my head and ears but the sound is okay, yet still a distance away from the D8000. Its driver is small and gives a delicate and transparent sound, while the D8000 sound is fuller, richer and wider. Not bad for Diana being a portable choice as it's smaller and lighter.
In HK seen it cracked so its brittle and feels like plastic. Main issue is sound , fit , material. Its bigger brother aint plastic .

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #764 of 4,965
I have tried D8000 and felt the fit was just right. Only complaint is the weight. It limits the prolong usage.
I felt the same as you guys on the Abyss Diana Phi fit...it seems like the design is meant for an alien head. I can never get used to the fit.
Sound impression wise Diana Phi really needs a good source and amplification. But i feel isolation can be better...

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #765 of 4,965
I have tried D8000 and felt the fit was just right. Only complaint is the weight. It limits the prolong usage.
I felt the same as you guys on the Abyss Diana Phi fit...it seems like the design is meant for an alien head. I can never get used to the fit.
Sound impression wise Diana Phi really needs a good source and amplification. But i feel isolation can be better...
The D8000 and D8000 Pro are very different in the sound dept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back