Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 30, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #10,352 of 11,665
20201230_154632_HDR.jpg
20201230_154841.jpg
20201230_154625_HDR.jpg

Wow , they are tiny with a mix of warmth detail and transparency.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #10,353 of 11,665
Love/hate relationship continues with my E5000. I just got the ZX507 and the N3 (with upgrade balanced cable) and been listening at every available moment since Christmas day, maybe 25 hours total - loving the combination but at times a bit bass heavy... volume wise I'm typically at around 60/120 on balanced with high gain off. I decided to try the E5000 for the first time today on the 507 - while listening to the same album on the N3, I switched over - I had to crank up to 90/120 and sounded poor compared to the N3 - quite muffled.

I have a Kbear balanced cable on the way, should be here tomorrow so maybe the E5000 balanced will improve - also, I'm wondering if burn in on the ZX507 is specific to 3.5mm and balanced?

I'm still in the Amazon return window so a few more days grace before I give in! Important to note and I must compare again, I had definitely started to love them with some genres on my ZX300 which has 1000s of hours play on 3.5mm.

That is how I felt about the E5000. Besides being absolute power hungry monsters, they would impress with certain songs that were mastered in a way that allowed the E5000s more laid back presentation really shine--plus their soundstage seems pretty darn large. In other songs, that laid back, darker tone just fell a bit flat to me.

I have the KB Ear Believes on their way today, and while I do not have the E5000 anymore, I am familiar with what they did well and what I liked about them. I can report back to see if these could be a viable alternative. Unlikely they are as the frequency graph is fairly different.

Still waiting for Final to just bite the bullet and give us a Be version of the E-series.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #10,354 of 11,665
That is how I felt about the E5000. Besides being absolute power hungry monsters, they would impress with certain songs that were mastered in a way that allowed the E5000s more laid back presentation really shine--plus their soundstage seems pretty darn large. In other songs, that laid back, darker tone just fell a bit flat to me.

I have the KB Ear Believes on their way today, and while I do not have the E5000 anymore, I am familiar with what they did well and what I liked about them. I can report back to see if these could be a viable alternative. Unlikely they are as the frequency graph is

I have the KB Ear Believes on their way today, and while I do not have the E5000 anymore, I am familiar with what they did well and what I liked about them. I can report back to see if these could be a viable alternative. Unlikely they are as the frequency graph is fairly different.

Still waiting for Final to just bite the bullet and give us a Be version of the E-series.

Yes that's it exactly - I spent a couple of hours with them again today as my balanced cable arrived. Well mastered and ideally hi-res material sounded absolutely incredible, literally took my breath away at times. Switch then maybe to a FLAC rip of a CD from the 90s and the experience is quite different. On balance, I feel they are worth holding on to and using only on albums I know will tick that well produced/mastered box. The 4.4mm connection has definitely made a difference but I've now ordered a slightly better cable as I don't like the plastic on the jack etc. - fussy but part of the experience is the look and feel too!

Heard a lot of great things about the Kbear Believe, look forward to your thoughts. Thought I've just pulled the trigger on the DUNU ZEN so it'll be a while before I buy anything else!

20201231_002046.jpg

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #10,355 of 11,665
Yes that's it exactly - I spent a couple of hours with them again today as my balanced cable arrived. Well mastered and ideally hi-res material sounded absolutely incredible, literally took my breath away at times. Switch then maybe to a FLAC rip of a CD from the 90s and the experience is quite different. On balance, I feel they are worth holding on to and using only on albums I know will tick that well produced/mastered box. The 4.4mm connection has definitely made a difference but I've now ordered a slightly better cable as I don't like the plastic on the jack etc. - fussy but part of the experience is the look and feel too!

Heard a lot of great things about the Kbear Believe, look forward to your thoughts. Thought I've just pulled the trigger on the DUNU ZEN so it'll be a while before I buy anything else!

20201231_002046.jpg

Oh you just went straight to TOTL DD there haha! I hope the Zen works out for you.

First impressions of the Believe: Timbre and instrument separation is solid. It has that 4K pinna thing similar to the Starfield but less pronounced, and seems to have a slight, not pleasing midbass resonance which will hopefully calm down after some burn in. I can confirm that the graphs don't lie: The type of sound is nothing like the E5000 though so its near impossible to compare.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #10,356 of 11,665
Oh you just went straight to TOTL DD there haha! I hope the Zen works out for you.

First impressions of the Believe: Timbre and instrument separation is solid. It has that 4K pinna thing similar to the Starfield but less pronounced, and seems to have a slight, not pleasing midbass resonance which will hopefully calm down after some burn in. I can confirm that the graphs don't lie: The type of sound is nothing like the E5000 though so its near impossible to compare.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the Zen, it was love at first sight! It'll be interesting to hear how it sits versus what I have already and rotate a lot: E5000, XBA-N3 and MS4 - the latter being the brightest and most all-rounder of the lot in my experience with it over the last few weeks. Only have the X3 a few days so still getting used to that but great first impressions.

Enjoy the process with the Believe! In my short time on Head-Fi, it is the IEM I've heard the most about so clearly a winner for a lot of people.

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #10,357 of 11,665
I hope we get official confirmation from Final soon about the release dates of the A3000/A4000 in the West. It would be a shame to not get it as I know many people are curious about it. The pandemic is likely increasing the time needed to prepare it if it is coming but the more time passes, the less likely the people will buy it (as they will just move on to something else).

I've been eagerly waiting since like November so it may just be me getting too impatient for a product (I can't even remember the last time I was interested in IEMs before they even released).

As for people find the right use with IEMs on the genres, it is nice to hear about that when they can agree on the conditions that it sounds best. Even with IEMs that sounded bad for general use (due to leaning too much in one direction or the other), it was nice to discover times where they were made for a certain type of music (or certain albums/tracks) and sounded great (more suitable than higher equipment that usually did much better).

I am curious to hear what sort of tracks the A4000 will sound best with.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #10,358 of 11,665
Any one tried tip rolling with the PianoForte series? Any better results in isolation?

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #10,365 of 11,665
Pretty sure the pianoforte series isn't supposed to have isolation or much in the way of "tips" for that matter especially the upper models
that I do understand and I did find some similar questions in the thread,
but what I am curious to know is if anyone did tried it with tips and what kind of sonic results it produced, since it does not seem like a totally impossible task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back