Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 19, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #4,396 of 6,433
Would love your thoughts on a review like this. This kind of critisim is not constructive from my point of view.

He doesn't even recognize that the missing 4th driver/aka the high driver in actually in the stem.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #4,397 of 6,433
Would love your thoughts on a review like this. This kind of critisim is not constructive from my point of view

I watched these in my early research and found that these, firstly to your point, were totally non-constructive. Honestly entirely immature. But, more importantly, not even remotely reflective of how incredible the Frontier series from FiR Audio truly is. Seemed like there was some personal beef there that was on full display.

IMHO, the Frontier series is incredibly technical and an absolute blessing and joy to listen to and perform with as a performing/professional musician. I do not find the Xe6 for instance to be muddy at all. The staging, the clarity, the separation of instruments, and, of course, the dreamy bass, to be end-game and best of the best. As I type this I am listening to Videotape from Radiohead's In Rainbows and am hearing new detail I have never heard before and am being mindblown at the holographic presentation of this song.

That said, full disclosure, I am a newcomer to Hi-Fi, have not listened to the Ne4's (UIEM or CIEM), and I have a pair of custom Xe6's. May need some specific feedback from Ne4 owners and afficionados.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #4,398 of 6,433
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #4,399 of 6,433
Post in thread 'Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fir-audio-thread-discussion-and-impressions.910581/post-17520050

Hi i am new to Head-Fi and this is what is in my mind about the video’s

The videos are made with a personal attack to FIR Audio.
If i look at the cable it is not a original one. It got a red atom xs what can’t be in a Neon 4.

I am a owner of a M5 and a Krypton 5 and i love them. They are the best i am using and enjoy them every day.

This video was made as a personal attack.

Apr 19, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,400 of 6,433
Of all DAPs that I have right now (SP3000, DX320 Amp14, DX300 MAX SS) Rn6 (red module) is best when pair with DX300 MAX SS. Sound more open, airier with everything sound better to my taste, leaning towards reference sound.

Apr 19, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #4,401 of 6,433
Would love your thoughts on a review like this. This kind of critisim is not constructive from my point of view.

He doesn't even recognize that the missing 4th driver/aka the high driver in actually in the stem.

Trash review.

2nd video, ATOM XS inserted with screw hole in :grimacing:

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 1.48.43 PM.png

Apr 19, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #4,402 of 6,433
Of all DAPs that I have right now (SP3000, DX320 Amp14, DX300 MAX SS) Rn6 (red module) is best when pair with DX300 MAX SS. Sound more open, airier with everything sound better to my taste, leaning towards reference sound.
Totally agree! The red module is also the best pair with my DX300 Max Titan.

Apr 19, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #4,403 of 6,433
PWA FT is the one for me. Glad I bought two. At some point, I need to add a FTS to my collection.

Apr 19, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #4,404 of 6,433

Well the first problem is that this is a video review, 99% of which in this hobby are about the reviewer themselves and their own advertising impressions, not the gear or whether the viewer may be interested in it.

The unit this Sh$t Bus dude has doesn’t have a faceplate, iirc these are stolen goods, who knows the provenance of the IEM…

This guy comes off as a disgruntled former employee or partner with zero credibility established.

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #4,405 of 6,433
Venom did not do it for me. Scratchy vocals maybe sibilance . Next trying PWA FT { no shielding}
Was Venom burned in? For my taste the synergy is great and it's a keeper.
And it doesn't cost as much as FTS or Chiron :)

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #4,406 of 6,433

Wow. I’ll refrain from stating how I really feel about this “review” but thanks for sharing a YT channel to avoid. Shortbus indeed.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #4,407 of 6,433
Wow. I’ll refrain from stating how I really feel about this “review” but thanks for sharing a YT channel to avoid. Shortbus indeed.
Agreed! So cringy but usually when people speak in such a way it’s a reflection of themselves or what some would call a projection. Another prime example of non constructive subjectivity and why I stopped watching YouTube video reviewers years ago.

Apr 19, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #4,408 of 6,433
Back to the red atoms on the Rn6. For me they give the better all round sound and bring a level of detail not present with the gold modules

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #4,409 of 6,433
Agreed! So cringy but usually when people speak in such a way it’s a reflection of themselves or what some would call a projection. Another prime example of non constructive subjectivity and why I stopped watching YouTube video reviewers years ago.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I trust this forum which is filled with actual purchasers of said products more so than any video reviewer. True some use a lot more colorful cloud-like adjectives and heavenly verbs than I would like to read or know but in the end, the substance and honesty is more felt. Take it all into consideration but trust your ears the most.

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #4,410 of 6,433
Can someone point an old duffer to a review of those tiny modules in the Xe6..? I would like to knoW how they sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back