First experience with Itunes
Dec 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Spillages

Head-Fier
Getting an ipod for Xmas, as I want the better battery life and portability. Not getting any external amps/etc for this. Just the usual boring ipod and <$50 headphones. Though currently all my media is archived as .flac lossless, and I want to get everything prepped so come xmas I can just quickly fill that drive with whatever i feel like. Well, Itunes did not detect my music. I've heard 320kb mp3 will have negligible difference in this setup and I will be able to fit more onto the device also. So many sources out there on how I should convert and import to itunes. I've always trusted this forum more than any other source. Can you guys help me out once again with this task?

Thanks again, and happy holidays!
L3000.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
itunes doesnt support flac
ive used dbpoweramp- get the full version trial and convert everything to apple lossless
works fast

+1

Given that you're moving into the iPod ecosystem, just bite the bullet now and convert to ALAC (lossless, compressed)... or if you prefer, to AIFF (uncompressed).  ALAC takes up less space, and so more songs fit on the iPod.  

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 13
I read somewhere that there is a way to do it from inside itunes. Anybody know this method? Since Itunes would be used for just this ipod, no sense in changign the way I do everything. Just create a separate library that doesn't take up much space I think.

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
apple doesnt convert music files at all
if your library isnt too big, it shouldnt be too much trouble

it's over 250GB last I checked. all nicely organized though. I have .m3u files for each CD which Itunes imported from my NAS. except it says they are blank playlists. How do I remove the folder I already added and completely clean what was already imported. I want to create a separate "itunes" folder to hold copies of all my music in MP3 format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back