Fischer FA-003 Replacement Cable
Dec 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Steve Wilcox

100+ Head-Fier
I've just ordered a pair of Fischer FA-003 phones which have been so positively reviewed by seasoned Head Fiers.

I know the cable won't be long enough to reach my listening position and I'd like to buy a replacement cable of 4m approx length, rather than using an extension cable.  The phones will be powered by my Musical Fidelity x-cans V3 amp, with Pink Floyd modded valves.

The cable will need to have a standard 6.35mm jack plug at the amp end and two 3.5mm jack plugs at the headphone end.

I use Cardas cable with my Sennheiser HD650s which works very well but the configuration for the FA-003s isn't available.  I'd also like something a bit cheaper - I think the Cardas Cable might be a bit overkill for a pair of cans costing about a third of the HD650s.

Any recommendations, including suppliers (preferably UK) would be be very welcome.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, I had contacted Fischer but no reply yet, and also tried to contact frog beats on the off chance they might be able to help some way. I'm hoping to get a pair of the quite specific male headphone connections.That would be ideal because then I can go about making my own cable. 

My issue is that the cable is actually far too long, so I may try and buy a connector and get somewhere to cut the cable short and add the new jack on the end.

A question to anyone that knows: The cable is actually two parallel cables and one goes to each can, so is one cable left & ground and the other right & ground, with both grounds attached to the ground on the jack?

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Good Luck with Fischer Audio.

My Fischer Audio Eterna v1's inner cable broken inside jack.Also it was came with a defected cable.They didnt even care that too.
Tried to contact via email,thru their site,even with twitter.

Simply they dont care.

They only support until they got your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back