:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 433
Impressions and pics, post 'em if you got them mates!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 433
ETHER-C sound G.R.E.A.T. !  :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 433
Well, that was a great day for more than one reason...

Strangely I found out courtesy of the Jaben stand that I have weird ears (small spinfit in left ear, and large in right, which might explain inconsistencies with the mediums I've been using!!)...

I've purchased, c/o the Brimair stand a really handy adapter that converts the 2.5mm balanced AK cable into a regular 3.5mm one (so now have a spare cable for my Layla's) oh, and thanks to Dimitri on the musica acoustics stand my wallet is a fair chunk lighter, the Vorzuge Pure II+ sounds fantastic with the Layla, had to pick one up there and then (sorry to the member that I sniped at the last minute!)... That means my Vorzuge Duo is now officially retired...

Everyone on the Chord stand was awesome, and Rob was his usual pearl of wisdom, there is so much we can all learn from him and the team, shame Johns inbound flight was delayed, maybe I'll head back tomorrow to meet with the main man!!!

The Questyle DAPs are awesome, am in love with the SQ... And at an absolute bargain price!!

There is so much to see and do, and the above is the briefest of summaries of what I did... Oh, and a teaser picture...

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 433
Left about 30 mins ago, I was there for five hours and it flew, a really friendly event, and what an incredibly nice man Jude is, remembered me from 2 years ago! A real credit to here and the industry, makes time for everyone, is he always in such a good mood.

Heard loads of great stuff and some awful too. Took mine 901 to compare to 901s, I really wish I hadn't, if you can, go tomorrow
, it'll be quieter and lots of chances to listen.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #9 of 433
Got to (indirectly) talk to many people there today, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Here's to hoping tomorrow will even be better!

@Duncan, thanks for dropping by, your impression was among the most descriptive (the wiggly line, that is)! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #11 of 433
Great meeting Jude he is top guy and due to him and headfi my wallet is significantly lighter.

Also thanks to  Warrenpchi - he put in many hours to get CanJam smooth as silk - organising - well done!

bought stuff off Brimar also - for ZX2 to CDM or Chord Hugo

Sennheiser Orpheus was a beauty

AK380 Amped to my one off Balanced Lab 1 - sounded very good - no price on the Amp yet

Also my rig (ZX2 --> CDM) powering the final audio design sonorous x10 - was a pleasure - shame they are too shiney for my liking. More titanium and carbon fibre looks please!!

Noble beauties there as well - pure art

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #12 of 433

Just got back ...i listened to some nice stuff Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 which surprised me how good they sounded, for some reason reviews i read mentioned how they sounded lean in the bass region but it had a good controlled bass and the detail reproduction was good.

I was at the Kef stand i took a shine to the Kef M400 they sounded good for the price and they were well built 

Also visited the soundmagic stand the P55 sound really awesome very good mids i will certainly be buying those headphones

Also at the Jaben stand i had a listen to some in-ears HyperDynamic transducer they were called ,they sounded fantastic apparently they are still a prototype but will be in production by the end of the year.

Back again tomorrow i need to try out the RHA and CHORD stand..Also need to buy a lightening cable adapter for my iphone 6 plus i think Brimair sell them plus i need to try out Questyle DAP

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #14 of 433
At CanJam today I tested the AK380 alone against my "old" AK100>optical>HUGO, and.... AK100+HUGO still win on SQ and volume output.

I also tested the AK380's add-on Amp, and found that the external AK Amp really do not amplify a lot more than the AK380's internal Amp !??
eek.gif

With SE output there was almost no max-volume difference between the AK380 alone and AK380+Add-on Amp ! (and still much less powerfull than the HUGO).  

--> Anyone else tested ?

--> May be the AK-AMP that I tested was defective since it is still not released yet !?

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #15 of 433

Well... I would be interested to hear the Yggy. And a lot of other Schiit. I'm also interested in the Chord Hugo. I need an IEM, so will be looking at those. I would like to find an amp that completely frees the HD650... etc. etc. I'll be going in today armed only with an HD800, however.

Spent two magical hours at Canjam London today. Met the real Jude! What a pleasure. I also met Axel Grell of Sennheiser, who not only promised exciting new things to come, but also introduced me briefly to the Orpheus. I was amazed. Quite the best sound that I have ever heard. The good news? I heard three headphones that I thought that I would end up buying which are now off my list. The bad news? I heard the Schiit Yggy + Ragnarok, the Chord TT and the A&K380. All are firmly on the list. It was nice to meet Mark Dolbear of http://www.electromod.co.uk/ who is going to operate on my Gungnir in due course. Multi-bit, here I come...

Thanks to the organizers, and to the patient exhibitors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back