Flare Isolate Pro - Shure tips?
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ADD

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best forum to ask this (so happy to move the question elsewhere). I'm thinking of getting the Flare Audio Isolate Pro "in ear" earplugs but the largest tip they come with (or that can be purchased) is too small for me. The Flare Audio tips are 13mm wide at the base whereas the tips I have always used successfully with my Shure IEMs are 16mm wide at the base (Shure XL size). I really have to use this large size otherwise I don't get a good seal.

So I am just wondering if the XL Shure tips will work with these Flare Isolate Pro eaplugs? The only checking I have been able to do is by way of a photo (unfortunately taken at an angle) of the Flare tips which possibly suggests the inside diameter of the tube going through the middle of the tip is the same as that of the Shure tips (which means the Shure tips might just slide onto the Flare shaft OK). But without being able to actually test this without having to buy the Flare plugs, I don't really want to blow $95 and find they are not compatible.

I have actually emailed Flare asking them if they were going to release an "XL" sized tip, however even if they did, it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Their range seems to stop at "large" no matter what the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back