FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #6,751 of 7,931
Weird. Most people think that flc8s are best in mids. They are livid full of life. Anyway it shows how the sound is so much subjective.

On a side note I have lost my red filters and want to buy them again or whole filter set. I can't find anything online regarding the same. So. Please can anyone guide me whom to contact? I don't want to make the perfectly working earphones redundant due to such small issue?

Nov 16, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #6,752 of 7,931
Weird. Most people think that flc8s are best in mids. They are livid full of life. Anyway it shows how the sound is so much subjective.

On a side note I have lost my red filters and want to buy them again or whole filter set. I can't find anything online regarding the same. So. Please can anyone guide me whom to contact? I don't want to make the perfectly working earphones redundant due to such small issue?
Try emailing Lend me ur ears for some

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #6,753 of 7,931
It has hard plastic around the ears, it's slightly hard to see in the picture but this prevents it from needing any form of re-adjustment. Assuming this is what you meant by fit.
I have the Arete cable and have been using it for about 6 months+. From what I've experienced, the cable was designed for the TF10 which means it will fit the FLC8s but isn't perfect.
What I assume this does is put stress on the housing of the connectors and I've had the plastic blow out on me once which I've sent back under warranty.
Right now, I can see a hairline crack in my repaired cable so I'd advise to reinforce the connectors.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #6,754 of 7,931
Hey guys. Two things:
1. Something is not right with the left ear of my FLC8s. I can't even find their website or a means to get this fixed. I bought through Amazon less than a year ago.

2. I can't find where the Celeste might be for sale. Are they released yet?. What is flc's website?

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #6,755 of 7,931
Hey guys. Two things:
1. Something is not right with the left ear of my FLC8s. I can't even find their website or a means to get this fixed. I bought through Amazon less than a year ago.

2. I can't find where the Celeste might be for sale. Are they released yet?. What is flc's website?

http://www.flctechnology.com/en/

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #6,756 of 7,931

Well for me highs are the best. Bass comes close second and last are the mids. Mids may sound better on gold filter but they compromise on highs. I can't compromise flc8's highs for anything. Recently i ordered spinfit cp100s too because they don't compromise on highs. So for me it's all about the treble and no bass. Haha.

Coming to filters maybe you should check the box again. IIRC they have already provided few extra filters at least in my case.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #6,757 of 7,931
Will that model fully replace the Andromeda or will they continue making it?

I think the early post about a "re tuned Andromeda" is not accurate. It is true I am always working on 3 or 4 potential new IEMs at all times I do not have a replacement for the Andromeda scheduled anytime in the near future. I think the item he is talking about was a early Polaris I had at a show, not a new Andromeda. Also personally I think its not possible to make the Andromeda tuned any better, I have tried and failed so am moving on to other potential configurations and flavors. The Andromeda is very special and in a class all its own, I would not change anything about it :wink:

Cheers,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #6,758 of 7,931
I think the early post about a "re tuned Andromeda" is not accurate. It is true I am always working on 3 or 4 potential new IEMs at all times I do not have a replacement for the Andromeda scheduled anytime in the near future. I think the item he is talking about was a early Polaris I had at a show, not a new Andromeda. Also personally I think its not possible to make the Andromeda tuned any better, I have tried and failed so am moving on to other potential configurations and flavors. The Andromeda is very special and in a class all its own, I would not change anything about it :wink:

Cheers,

Ken

Sorry if I misspoke on those demo units Ken :frowning2: And of course I understand the specialness a lot of people feel for the Andromeda. Personally though, I'd be more tempted in one of those demo units, if they ever came to market. Andromedas just don't want to fit in my ears.

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #6,759 of 7,931
Well for me highs are the best. Bass comes close second and last are the mids. Mids may sound better on gold filter but they compromise on highs. I can't compromise flc8's highs for anything. Recently i ordered spinfit cp100s too because they don't compromise on highs. So for me it's all about the treble and no bass. Haha.

Coming to filters maybe you should check the box again. IIRC they have already provided few extra filters at least in my case.

I agree with this. The gold nozzle does make a great first impression, but after a while it becomes apparent it is a bit "shouty" and does compromise the treble. I found the gunmetal nozzle to be just perfect for me. It brings the highs back to life and makes for a more neutral mid-range, particularly with vocals. YMMV.

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #6,760 of 7,931
I agree with this. The gold nozzle does make a great first impression, but after a while it becomes apparent it is a bit "shouty" and does compromise the treble. I found the gunmetal nozzle to be just perfect for me. It brings the highs back to life and makes for a more neutral mid-range, particularly with vocals. YMMV.

Gold filter definitely puts treble behind the show. Vocals gain all the attention and sound does not create an envelope anymore because one factor is overpowering others. Even red sub bass plug sounds overpowered while listening to certain songs hence i don't prefer it.

With gunmetal filter highs are addictive and it's best part imo. It's funny because before getting flc8s i used to hate highs in all my earphones. Not anymore. It's so detailed yet doesn't sound harsh. Earlier i used to judge earphones by their bass response but now i judge them by their highs.

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #6,761 of 7,931
I don't know if somebody had told this already, but this is how I manage to rule the cable: put it behind the glasses temples.

IMG_20171123_172343054.jpg

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #6,762 of 7,931
^I do the "behind the glasses" move, too.

I just got a pair of FLC 8s IEM and they are... ah-vary nyeece! I had just come off an extremely disappointing purchase of the Sennheiser IE80 earphones (spoilers: they suck) and was greatly relieved upon first listen that the FLC 8s are almost precisely what I was looking for.

I'm more into a balanced tone that, if anything, errs on the side of musicality, rather than critical highs. The tune-ability of the FLC 8s gets me that tone. I was surprised by the filter combo I settled on (Black, Red, Gold. I thought for sure I'd end up with Grey, Grey, Gunmetal) but, hey, it works for me. I also really liked the Black, Grey, Gold combo. For reference, I use these IEMs for listening to music in the genres of progressive rock and metal, mostly, and playing games. By comparison, the Sennheiser IE80 earphones had zero highs (it was like listening to a speaker with a blanket over it). Though, the FLC 8s can't do in the head-shaking bass department what the IE80s can. Hardcore bass-heads might not be satisfied.

I really like that the filters actually do something. Each change makes a noticeable, and useful, difference. I did find that one of the filters (I'm forgetting which one at the moment; I think it was the Green filter, but it could have been the Blue filter) sounded straight up 'weird'.

One of my favorite things about the FLC 8s is the comfort level. These are easily the most comfortable "earbuds" I've ever used - bar none.

Are the FLC 8s worth the $300+ price tag. Hell, ya. But I'd say that they are as good as that price range, and maybe a bit higher, but not far beyond that. They aren't life changing, and I wouldn't say they are necessarily end-game earphones the way my Koss ESP/950 are my end-game headphones. Then again, I can say that at least for the foreseeable future I won't be buying any more IEMs, and I'm perfectly good with that.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #6,763 of 7,931
^I do the "behind the glasses" move, too.

I just got a pair of FLC 8s IEM and they are... ah-vary nyeece! I had just come off an extremely disappointing purchase of the Sennheiser IE80 earphones (spoilers: they suck) and was greatly relieved upon first listen that the FLC 8s are almost precisely what I was looking for.

I'm more into a balanced tone that, if anything, errs on the side of musicality, rather than critical highs. The tune-ability of the FLC 8s gets me that tone. I was surprised by the filter combo I settled on (Black, Red, Gold. I thought for sure I'd end up with Grey, Grey, Gunmetal) but, hey, it works for me. I also really liked the Black, Grey, Gold combo. For reference, I use these IEMs for listening to music in the genres of progressive rock and metal, mostly, and playing games. By comparison, the Sennheiser IE80 earphones had zero highs (it was like listening to a speaker with a blanket over it). Though, the FLC 8s can't do in the head-shaking bass department what the IE80s can. Hardcore bass-heads might not be satisfied.

I really like that the filters actually do something. Each change makes a noticeable, and useful, difference. I did find that one of the filters (I'm forgetting which one at the moment; I think it was the Green filter, but it could have been the Blue filter) sounded straight up 'weird'.

One of my favorite things about the FLC 8s is the comfort level. These are easily the most comfortable "earbuds" I've ever used - bar none.

Are the FLC 8s worth the $300+ price tag. Hell, ya. But I'd say that they are as good as that price range, and maybe a bit higher, but not far beyond that. They aren't life changing, and I wouldn't say they are necessarily end-game earphones the way my Koss ESP/950 are my end-game headphones. Then again, I can say that at least for the foreseeable future I won't be buying any more IEMs, and I'm perfectly good with that.

These are my go-to workout IEMs, and we’ll worth the retail price, even better used (and barely used!!!). I too, prefer the gunmetal, due to treble sensitivity. Good stuff, good listening!

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #6,764 of 7,931
These are my go-to workout IEMs, and we’ll worth the retail price, even better used (and barely used!!!). I too, prefer the gunmetal, due to treble sensitivity. Good stuff, good listening!

Agree, they are definitely worth the price especially with all the different tuning options. Unfortunately I had issues with fit and microphonics but the mids were sweet.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #6,765 of 7,931

For workout flc8s is quite an expensive iem well at least for me. I can't use flc8s for workout but who knows.

What are you using as your main iem..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back