FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #7,081 of 7,931
You can insert 1/4 first to try the sound, if you think the cable is better and never turn back to use the stock cable, then you can insert 100%.
Please note that the wiring of the update cable maybe different, and warranty will be voided if damage is caused by this case.
I'm using the 2.5mm version cable and it fits well. Well, to avoid damaging it, I'll just use an adapter just to be sure.

Is there a way to improve the sound stage on 8s? Currently using red-grey-gold and stock tips.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #7,085 of 7,931
Hi guys/girls

I am curious about a first review of flc 8n. Seems like it is already released in china but it hasn't made it to LMUE shop yet.

I got 2 questions:

1. Maybe there is someone testing it out secretly. When could we read tge first reviews? Or does anyone already know a review of 8n?

2. Is anybody using a nullaudio "Arete Series MKIII Premium Upgrade Cable" with flc 8s. I would like to get to know if it is really an upgrade compared to the actual 8s stock cable?

Thank you in advance!

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...e-series-mkii-replacement-cable-for-earphones

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #7,086 of 7,931
2. Is anybody using a nullaudio "Arete Series MKIII Premium Upgrade Cable" with flc 8s. I would like to get to know if it is really an upgrade compared to the actual 8s stock cable?

Thank you in advance!

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...e-series-mkii-replacement-cable-for-earphones

I used the MKII in the past, and besides one of the connectors disintegrating on me after about a year of use (which Null Audio fixed even though it was a couple weeks out of warranty), I liked it. That issue is hopefully eliminated in the new version with the "copper bodied" connectors, but it's unclear to me from the website whether their TF10 connectors are also "copper bodied" (it looks like it might be the "2PIN/MMCX/A2DC" connectors only...)

In any event, FWIW, I thought the MKII was a worthwhile upgrade in sound and especially ergonomics over the stock cable I had at the time (the stiff blue one with the memory wire).

FWIW #2: I currently use the Moon Audio Black Dragon and prefer it to the MKII, in case you want to check that one out.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #7,087 of 7,931
Hi guys/girls

I bought an Arete about 1.5 years ago. It is an improvement over the stock 8s cable, but honestly almost any other cable would be an improvement (ergonomically). However, the Arete is not all that great either, as the thin, supple cable is covered in a silicon sleeve that makes it significantly stiffer than it otherwise would be or needs to be.

I also bought a Null Audio Ethos cable about 3 months ago and couldn't be happier with it. Ordered without the earguides as those always interfere with the arms of my eye glasses. Very supple and comfortable. I would put its quality on par with the cable that Campfire Audio ships with its products (although I don't believe the Ethos is a Litz cable, but that's irrelevant). Highly recommended.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #7,088 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei

I think the black rubber ring around the sub bass port on my flc8s got disformed. It is not fully circular anymore and because of that the sub bass plug is not inserting properly on the right side of iem, is there any solution?

It look something like this :
0000034402.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #7,090 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei

I think the black rubber ring around the sub bass port on my flc8s got disformed. It is not fully circular anymore and because of that the sub bass plug is not inserting properly on the right side of iem, is there any solution?

It look something like this :
0000034402.jpg
Please pm your address to Me, we Will send some to you.

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #7,094 of 7,931
Ordered one from Penon Audio but today they cancelled the order because company (flc) is not able to produce it out. Seems that information of lmue is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back