flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 3, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #17,386 of 39,414
Hansound's splitter doesn't annoy me as much as its slider, I often wonder if that slider's going to cut my cable....

Speaking of splitters, Crystal Cable's are the worst...

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #17,388 of 39,414
Are you at MYIEM? I'm wondering if they still have Brise Audio STR7-std in stock, might be another good option within your budget.
I already decided on the Agni, but yes I was at MYIEM. I'll try it out next time I visit, though I am very unfamiliar with Brise.

I think I learned a lot today, there was a customer there who builds his own cables and I learned a little bit about different cable materials, builds, and solders. He recommended the OC AuX on grounds that it is made with better materials than the HS Agni and that changing the solder should brighten up the sound. Though I was intrigued, in the end, I decided the Agni was more in line with what I need at the moment, which is more detail and better spacial performance. I'll eventually buy the AuX too, but probably not for the A12t.

Speaking of other iems, I also learned that gold will slow transients compared to silver, resulting in the AuX's huge subbass. In my really dumb plans to have piotrus internally rewire a future F7 that I really hope to get the funds for, I'll probably end up buying some gold plated wire for the "bass" drivers and silver wire for the "tweeters". Not too sure about "mid" drivers yet, probably going with silver.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #17,390 of 39,414
How I feel when wearing Hansound cable:

script>
moooooooooood

also 8 wire cables and cloth covered cables

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #17,392 of 39,414
I don't have experience with the Crystal Cable slider in the long term, what happened to it?

Oh yes Crystal Cable's slider is just a piece of clear plastic and is pretty hard to move around. Crystal Cable's splitter is pretty much a small plastic luggage tag, that's my main gripe with it, mine hasn't broke or anything.

My favorite splitter/slider combo is probably PlusSound's.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #17,393 of 39,414
Oh yes Crystal Cable's slider is just a piece of clear plastic and is pretty hard to move around. Crystal Cable's splitter is pretty much a small plastic luggage tag, that's my main gripe with it, mine hasn't broke or anything.

I see, that annoys me too, splitters that require enough force to push Mount Everest.

Plussound hardware is solid af. best 3.5mm jack I ever used, zero plating loss whatsoever.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #17,394 of 39,414

Crystal Cable’s “slider” looks like something you are supposed to remove upon purchase...

0AF6E380-7DD6-4179-8B13-4BE81A80C360.jpeg

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #17,395 of 39,414
Crystal Cable’s “slider” looks like something you are supposed to remove upon purchase...

Lol that has crossed my mind when I first received the Dream Duet. But at least their splitter used to look much nicer than the current Duet series'.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #17,400 of 39,414
excellent soundstage, one of the best if not the best.

Yes...wide, deep and layered. The treble is what's impressed me the most so far though..maybe because I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back