flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 4, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #17,431 of 39,414
Sell all your DAPs except the N6ii, pick up the Z1R and boom you're set :)
You have a point. I have way too many daps:
Sp1000 - keep for home use
Lotoo paw gold touch - keep pmeq
Wm1a - classic
N6ii
Dx220
M11
Qp2r
Problem is I like them all in different ways but I think I may sell the M11 and dx220.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #17,433 of 39,414
You have a point. I have way too many daps:
Sp1000 - keep for home use
Lotoo paw gold touch - keep pmeq
Wm1a - classic
N6ii
Dx220
M11
Qp2r
Problem is I like them all in different ways but I think I may sell the M11 and dx220.
Meanwhile I only have the Shanling Up2 and still like "Do I really need this?"....

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #17,434 of 39,414
Stick to that don't start buying, run while you can! I have tried many daps bought bought by my own money and sold many. It's never ending, looking for the best sound and ui

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #17,436 of 39,414
Aug 4, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #17,438 of 39,414
oh ****, keep me posted, though not 100% sure yet
Why not all of them pithy? Just like the cables :p

Man sometimes I'm glad I don't have such access to demo equipment. Literally saving my skull and my wallet (in that order...)

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #17,439 of 39,414
Hypothesis on cables:
cables can change the sound of iems because of non flat impedance curves and changes in transient speed.

Why not all of them pithy? Just like the cables :p

Man sometimes I'm glad I don't have such access to demo equipment. Literally saving my skull and my wallet (in that order...)
time to mail you a bunch of gear and drive you crazy (jk i dont have that much gear)

lol, but he isn't selling all of them and my wallet is already going crazy due to buying Agni and having a girlfriend

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #17,440 of 39,414
Hypothesis on cables:
cables can change the sound of iems because of non flat impedance curves and changes in transient speed.

time to mail you a bunch of gear and drive you crazy (jk i dont have that much gear)

lol, but he isn't selling all of them and my wallet is already going crazy due to buying Agni and having a girlfriend
I'm thinking of actually getting the Phantom with a Thor II after the Valk, sooooo I'm going to have to spin it somehow. She's not gonna be happy with me, may I should learn some qigong and just take that pan to the heas....

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #17,441 of 39,414
I'm thinking of actually getting the Phantom with a Thor II after the Valk, sooooo I'm going to have to spin it somehow. She's not gonna be happy with me, may I should learn some qigong and just take that pan to the heas....
I think you should try some alternatives to the Thor, Agni comes to mind, though they are different flavors. maybe AuX too. I'm really not too sure tho cause you don't have a lot of opportunities to audition gear iirc.

I currently am undergoing a problem of my own where I kind of want bassy bassy sound rather than the clear sound I ended up purchasing even though I was missing a silver cable for my collection. Also, the auditions of amazing cables has kind of ruined the PW No. 5 for me.
angrydognoises.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #17,442 of 39,414
Out of curiosity, have any of you tried the NiceHCK NX7? It's a $70 (ish) Chi-Fi IEM that's been kind of popular in some Asian online forums for the past few weeks.

I just got it yesterday and if you told me this is a $1000 IEM, I would believe you. I find it to provide great treble sparkle & air, vast soundstage, and most importantly a coherent signature. I like this one much more than the Tin P1s.

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #17,443 of 39,414
Out of curiosity, have any of you tried the NiceHCK NX7? It's a $70 (ish) Chi-Fi IEM that's been kind of popular in some Asian online forums for the past few weeks.

I just got it yesterday and if you told me this is a $1000 IEM, I would believe you. I find it to provide great treble sparkle & air, vast soundstage, and most importantly a coherent signature. I like this one much more than the Tin P1s.
big shock i need try, any stores you demo it at?

whats with its driver setup, I wonder what the price of the parts are.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #17,444 of 39,414
I think you should try some alternatives to the Thor, Agni comes to mind, though they are different flavors. maybe AuX too. I'm really not too sure tho cause you don't have a lot of opportunities to audition gear iirc.

I currently am undergoing a problem of my own where I kind of want bassy bassy sound rather than the clear sound I ended up purchasing even though I was missing a silver cable for my collection. Also, the auditions of amazing cables has kind of ruined the PW No. 5 for me.
Only you have space for me to crash for a week while I hit all the local audio places and the night market :p cables are really not a thing here....

You might want to stop auditioning cables if the No5 is ruined for you.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #17,445 of 39,414
big shock i need try, any stores you demo it at?

whats with its driver setup, I wonder what the price of the parts are.

Blind buy from Shopee/Taobao since it's pretty cheap already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back