FlipEars IEMs Line-up - Aether/Artha/Aurora - Impressions and Discussions
Mar 5, 2024 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nihalsharma

500+ Head-Fier
FlipEars is the first Filipino company to manufacture universal and custom in-ear monitors in the country.

Founded by singer-songwriter @Aries Sales, it was with great pride and honour to come up with the name FlipEars, as a tribute to the Filipinos heart and passion for great music, having a high standard for sound quality and music appreciation.

They have had some great releases in the recent past. I think we should have a new place to discuss their new lineups.

AETHER (Price: $699)

Specification:
  • 4-way Crossover + Bass Switch
  • 4BA drivers: 1-Sub low, 1-Low, 1-Mid, 1-High
  • Sensitivity: 109dB @1mW
  • Frequency Response: 5HZ - 20kHz

FlipEars Aether presents a lush, pleasing vocal timbre that brings you in intimately, with surprisingly more than enough detail in a 4BA configuration. There is a bass boost switch, which turns the Aether into an enjoyably fun pair. The 5db bass boost reveals an engaging, well-rounded lower end.

1709656981687.png

ARTHA (Price: $1499)
Specification
  • 4-in-1 crossover
  • 8 BA drivers: 2 Sub-Bass 2 Low 2 Mid 2 High
  • Sensitivity: 118dB @ 1mW
  • Impedance: 16ohms @ 1kHz
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz – 25kHz
The FlipEars Artha is packed with 8 balanced armature drivers in a 2-2-2-2 configuration, a true 4-way crossover, and 2 switches—one for low boost and the other for peak shifting.

When you listen to the Artha in all of its different configurations, you’ll find out how it’s so purposeful, how it gives meaning to the different tunes you enjoy, and how it pulls out the very essence of the music you love to listen to. It just makes you want to keep going.

1709657321343.png

AURORA (Price: $2,099.00)

Specification:
  • 10 Tribrid Speaker Configurations
  • 2 EST – 2 Ultra High
  • 6 BA – 2 Low-Mid, 2 Mid, 2 Mid-High
  • 2 Firewoofers – Sub-Bass.
  • Sensitivity: 124dB @ 1mW
  • Impedance: 21ohms @ 1kHz
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz – 70kHz

The Aurora features our twin 9mm dynamic Firewoofers, resulting in a tight bass response with deep extension. Mids are very transparent, purely reflecting the details of any recording. Highs are truly crisp but non-fatiguing, displaying dynamic flickers as wonderful as the polar lights.

The FlipEars Aurora has fresh, new, all-leather packaging with a built-in LCD display. Inside, there is a leather carrying case, a microfiber cleaning cloth, 6 different pairs of silicon earphone tips with organizers, cable adapters, cable organizers, and stickers.

These new in-ears come standard with an 8-core OCC copper cable with a default 2.5mm termination and 3.5mm and 4.4mm adapters.

1709656776601.png

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I love the Artha <3 I wish I had the funds to buy one.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 4
For those who are visiting Canjam New York, can find demo units of FlipEars iems. Hope to get a good audience for this beautiful iems. Courtesy @MusicTeck

MUSICTECK_-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Artha in the house. Solid performer and even more impressive bass for an all BA iem. The switches on it give quite different flavors. With both switches on, the bass quantity is a lot and there is more openness to the sound. Artha has a very good resolution and throws good amount of details. The midrange is forward and very clean. The treble is smooth with good amount of details and extension. Technically, Artha is quite solid. I have to give it more time and will share detailed impressions in a few days.

IMG_9860.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg

IMG_9858.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back