Florida Meet on May 19th and July 14th

Will you be attending the meet July 14th ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #16 of 96
Would love to hear the Lyr 3 and compare it to my Valhalla (1), I only read about it the other day, I didn't realize it's already available to buy.

By the way, please don't forget to fill out the google poll as a way of letting me know you're interested and to gauge what time is best for everyone. I put the link in my signature.

As an update on the time and planning based on who has applied so far the meet will be on a Saturday in Orlando at a rented event room at a library (location still being determined once I know how many people in all...). The potential dates I have so far that are possible with everyone attending are: 4/28, 5/19, 7/14. That said it's only 4 entrees (and myself) so these plans are not set in stone quite yet.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #17 of 96
A friend of mine is also organizing a local meet with an audio shop owner who is a friend of his which sells Focal speakers but recently he has been getting their headphones as well and has acquired a Elear, Clear, and Utopia as well as a Chord Hugo (I'm excited to hear that myself). My friend only just cleared with the shop owner to host the meet at his store so the exact date and time are still being planned but it will most likely be late April or early May. If you're interested PM me.

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #18 of 96
Would love to hear the Lyr 3 and compare it to my Valhalla (1), I only read about it the other day, I didn't realize it's already available to buy.

By the way, please don't forget to fill out the google poll as a way of letting me know you're interested and to gauge what time is best for everyone. I put the link in my signature.

As an update on the time and planning based on who has applied so far the meet will be on a Saturday in Orlando at a rented event room at a library (location still being determined once I know how many people in all...). The potential dates I have so far that are possible with everyone attending are: 4/28, 5/19, 7/14. That said it's only 4 entrees (and myself) so these plans are not set in stone quite yet.

Unfortunately, my plans have changed and I'm out of town the 4/28 and 5/19. While it is out a bit I hoping for 7/14.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #19 of 96
A friend of mine is also organizing a local meet with an audio shop owner who is a friend of his which sells Focal speakers but recently he has been getting their headphones as well and has acquired a Elear, Clear, and Utopia as well as a Chord Hugo (I'm excited to hear that myself). My friend only just cleared with the shop owner to host the meet at his store so the exact date and time are still being planned but it will most likely be late April or early May. If you're interested PM me.

Just noticed this. Sounds interesting but you didn't mention where?

I'm in West Palm Beach and am interested in a meet.

Also Anyone in the South Florida area that would like to have a small meet? That would be much more feasible for me.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #20 of 96
Just noticed this. Sounds interesting but you didn't mention where?

I'm in West Palm Beach and am interested in a meet.

Also Anyone in the South Florida area that would like to have a small meet? That would be much more feasible for me.
Sorry, you're right, it's at an audio shop called Suncoast Audio in Sarasota, FL. It's meant to be mainly just a local meet so it probably won't work very well for you however I know there are a lot of people around the Miami area that you could meet with.

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #21 of 96
Sorry, you're right, it's at an audio shop called Suncoast Audio in Sarasota, FL. It's meant to be mainly just a local meet so it probably won't work very well for you however I know there are a lot of people around the Miami area that you could meet with.

Yeah, a little further than I was hoping. Although I have a sister that's about about an hour south of Sarasota. I could try to plan a visit to coincide with a meet if possible.

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if any closer people chime in.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #23 of 96
So I've been looking at locations and I think I'll have it at the same library we had last time but in a different room. I'm also thinking that I might like to have 2 meetings instead, one on May 19th, and one on July 14th. Any thoughts about that?

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 96
So I've been looking at locations and I think I'll have it at the same library we had last time but in a different room. I'm also thinking that I might like to have 2 meetings instead, one on May 19th, and one on July 14th. Any thoughts about that?

Excellent. I can't make the 19th but I will be there with bells on for the 14th. Location is good for me. Depending on the number of participants we may want a larger room. Also, we discussed starting earlier so we have more time but don't know if the library can accommodate.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #26 of 96
I have a room and time officially planned!
Both the May 19th and July 14th meets will be at the Chickasaw Library, from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

You're welcome to come and stay the whole time or just come for part of it.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #27 of 96
@Zark, Thanks for making the arrangements.

Count me in at least for the May 19th date. Be happy to bring any of the equipment listed in my personal details section.

:smile_phones:

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #28 of 96
Ugh, I cannot make May 19th, I have a work conference.Other dates will work and would bring gear listed in my sig...Looks like July works for me.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #30 of 96
Are you able to make July 14th? Because I'm planning on having two meets.

I have it on my calendar for July 14th...and Orlando is not too far from me so I probably will leave that morning to head on over. Thank you Zark for setting this up, this will be the first meet for me and I'll bring my gear to give everyone a listen if they want. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back