FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #751 of 876
In the UK I am most likely required to pay import tax.
UK seems to be the most expensive place to buy Mentor because of the Brexit. For shipping to EU we are lucky as they technically ship from Poland, so no additional taxes and duties.
Btw. the same as Hifiman, if choosing a model that is located in Poland's warehouse - the same case, no taxes or duties, just the price listed on hifiman store. It's just unusually great combo deal in EU..

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #752 of 876
I'll be impressed if the Mentor can get to me here in the States in a week. Looking forward to it.

Also, I have been heavily researching solid state amps for months and months. I had so many on my list and kept researching, reading numerous threads, messaging with owners, Head-Fi local meets, and YouTube vids. This amp came out as my #1 choice, based on price and reviews. This will be my first (and possibly last) solid state amp.

Now, I'll just need a Norne cable (or similar) for my Abyss 1266! Endgame is here.
Yeah, man, you are going to love it. You made a great choice. I went through the paces for several weeks and bounced all over the place on what was going to be my purchase. Really got locked in to Class A with the MJ3 release and had it been in stock i'd have bought one. Then considered the Aune and had it in my cart a few times but never pulled the trigger. I feel like I really held out for the best quality and value SS amp out there and it is fantastic. Super happy with my choice and you will be too.

Definitely an endgame amp for my broke ass lolol

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #753 of 876
Yeah, man, you are going to love it. You made a great choice. I went through the paces for several weeks and bounced all over the place on what was going to be my purchase. Really got locked in to Class A with the MJ3 release and had it been in stock i'd have bought one. Then considered the Aune and had it in my cart a few times but never pulled the trigger. I feel like I really held out for the best quality and value SS amp out there and it is fantastic. Super happy with my choice and you will be too.

Definitely an endgame amp for my broke ass lolol
I've got an MJ3 but will be having a shootout and selling the loser. So someone will get to avoid import tax on something!

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #755 of 876
I've got an MJ3 but will be having a shootout and selling the loser. So someone will get to avoid import tax on something!
very interesting...cant wait to hear what you think about the two comparatively.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #756 of 876
I caved, put an order in with the Rhodium cable. Still convinced power cables are voodoo but nearing endgame every hair can be split I suppose.

Direct comparison to my V222 and Mjolnir will make this interesting, hoping it make my decision real easy amongst the 3 haha.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #757 of 876
Doing the Work of the People.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #758 of 876
I caved, put an order in with the Rhodium cable. Still convinced power cables are voodoo but nearing endgame every hair can be split I suppose.

Direct comparison to my V222 and Mjolnir will make this interesting, hoping it make my decision real easy amongst the 3 haha.
This will be a fun shootout too.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #759 of 876
Alright, I caved in and snatched the last black Mentor from this run: the offer is just too unique to miss. It will be a shootout between my NOS-tubed Cayin HA-3A, freshly arrived Mjolnir 3 and the Mentor. The intention is to ultimately only keep one amplifier as audio allowance has been overstepped, but certainly only one SS amp can stay. Exciting weeks ahead! :)

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #760 of 876
Alright, I caved in and snatched the last black Mentor from this run: the offer is just too unique to miss. It will be a shootout between my NOS-tubed Cayin HA-3A, freshly arrived Mjolnir 3 and the Mentor. The intention is to ultimately only keep one amplifier as audio allowance has been overstepped, but certainly only one SS amp can stay. Exciting weeks ahead! :)
Now you cookin with fish grease, Baw!
Will be keen to hear your take but I have my suspicions :wink:
And I totally know the feeling. My wallet looks like i shot it with buckshot.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #761 of 876
Looking forward. I was waiting for MJ3 for more than 3 months but no availability. With Mentor no regrets at all but still curious to see what those lucky ones with all of them under the same roof think.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #762 of 876
Two unexpected amps that really got hot in the last few months indeed. Class A SS amps of this quality and price were previously almost unthinkable.

YGGY OG > Mentor is better than I ever thought I'd have and is legit endgame for me.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #763 of 876
Looking forward. I was waiting for MJ3 for more than 3 months but no availability. With Mentor no regrets at all but still curious to see what those lucky ones with all of them under the same roof think.
Interesting. My MJ3 has arrived seven weeks after I put my order through. It is available.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #764 of 876
Interesting. My MJ3 has arrived seven weeks after I put my order through. It is available.
It can be available now (which is great). I ordered by Schiit-Europe towards end of last year and by March still no signs when it will be again. At that time I already started to gather information about Mentor. Then I made the switch :).

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #765 of 876
It can be available now (which is great). I ordered by Schiit-Europe towards end of last year and by March still no signs when it will be again. At that time I already started to gather information about Mentor. Then I made the switch :).
That's why I ordered straight from Schiit. They seem to prioritise direct customers as opposed to the EU or UK Schiit store.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back