Focal Clear Mg Pro or...
Sep 26, 2021 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Elpitoniso

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone
Ive been looking for a high end (for me) headphone for a while and waiting for some offers in some models that i was interested in. These models are Focal Clear, Clear Mg, Clear Mg Pro, Hifiman Arya, Senns HD800 and Audeze LCD 2. They were all above my budget and i was thinking about waiting for a better price for any of them or just re-purcheasing the Sundaras that i sold 2 years ago. The thing is that now i can buy the Focal Clear Mg Pro for 750usd and i would like to know if you think thats a good option to go for.
I dont collect headphones and i would like this one to be the main headphone as i would be able to buy and combine something like a 560s or any low end grados but not planning to buy any other expensive headphone. The main use i want it for is music (rock, pop, soul, orchestra, classical...everything but heavy metal, rap or trap). They are not for a studio.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Everyone’s tastes are different, but it seems to me the original focal clear has more love than the MG.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Sep 26, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 7
I dont consider buying a used headphone.

I’m the opposite; I think of used headphones like used cars, they lose a lot of value after being driven away off the lot. Plenty also have transferable warranties. If I was worried about them being sanitary I can just replace the pads.

The only headphone I have that I’ve purchased new is a zmf auteur, due to the lifetime warranty.

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Hello everyone
Ive been looking for a high end (for me) headphone for a while and waiting for some offers in some models that i was interested in. These models are Focal Clear, Clear Mg, Clear Mg Pro, Hifiman Arya, Senns HD800 and Audeze LCD 2. They were all above my budget and i was thinking about waiting for a better price for any of them or just re-purcheasing the Sundaras that i sold 2 years ago. The thing is that now i can buy the Focal Clear Mg Pro for 750usd and i would like to know if you think thats a good option to go for.
I dont collect headphones and i would like this one to be the main headphone as i would be able to buy and combine something like a 560s or any low end grados but not planning to buy any other expensive headphone. The main use i want it for is music (rock, pop, soul, orchestra, classical...everything but heavy metal, rap or trap). They are not for a studio.
Can’t go wrong with the clear, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back