Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Dec 27, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #946 of 1,480
For testing I like more this kind of bass: , after min 1:40.

The bass is there, with detail which is great. But for that kind of bass that this song have, it will more satisfaying have more substance at the impact, more rumble. And I can have it just activating de Xbass in my iFi Zen Can Amp and works pretty well.

I tought that I would have more this kind of response without adding extra someting, but I can live with that.

my man. Can you please compare the ie600 iem with focal radiance please? I know its apples and oranges but I am just very curious as I couldnt audition one. I have ie600 and i love it, eqed a bit because of its spicy treble. thank you in advance

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #947 of 1,480
my man. Can you please compare the ie600 iem with focal radiance please? I know its apples and oranges but I am just very curious as I couldnt audition one. I have ie600 and i love it, eqed a bit because of its spicy treble. thank you in advance

Well I posted before that my perception of the Radiance' bass wasn't what expected, but my opinion change after get a new haircut:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. Now I can understand the sound has describe has warm, the midbass of these headphones is noticeble. Overall, it suites me well with my preferences.

So the seal into your head (and your hair lol) can make difference for the sound perception.

Now comparing with ie600, the main difference sound wise I can give you in few words is the Radiance has a warm sound because of the midbass and the ie600 is more open sound, maybe energetic-ish sound(u shaped sound), the peaks in higher frequencies gives you the perception of the openess, although measeurements show the big quantity of bass, doesnt afect the mids section and doesnt have the punch that the Radiance has. In the Radiance, the mid bass could affect the mids region but I dont mind.

I use the foam stock tips for my ie600. The silicon ones, kills the bass section, making more emphasis in higher sections. How about you?

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #949 of 1,480
Well I posted before that my perception of the Radiance' bass wasn't what expected, but my opinion change after get a new haircut:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. Now I can understand the sound has describe has warm, the midbass of these headphones is noticeble. Overall, it suites me well with my preferences.

So the seal into your head (and your hair lol) can make difference for the sound perception.

Now comparing with ie600, the main difference sound wise I can give you in few words is the Radiance has a warm sound because of the midbass and the ie600 is more open sound, maybe energetic-ish sound(u shaped sound), the peaks in higher frequencies gives you the perception of the openess, although measeurements show the big quantity of bass, doesnt afect the mids section and doesnt have the punch that the Radiance has. In the Radiance, the mid bass could affect the mids region but I dont mind.

I use the foam stock tips for my ie600. The silicon ones, kills the bass section, making more emphasis in higher sections. How about you?
I love my ie600. Got this spicy treble which is fun but can be a little bit piercing for me. Hopefully radiance doesnt have this. I only own a few and cant even read graphs yet. I enjoy my music though. Excited for my radiance to arrive. I bought one for 400 usd ish brand new. Bonkerz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221229-112432_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221229-112432_Chrome.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #950 of 1,480
I love my ie600. Got this spicy treble which is fun but can be a little bit piercing for me. Hopefully radiance doesnt have this. I only own a few and cant even read graphs yet. I enjoy my music though. Excited for my radiance to arrive. I bought one for 400 usd ish brand new. Bonkerz.
The Radiance shouldn't be piercing in the treble region, they're kind of dimmed up there.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #951 of 1,480
Wait so did you manage to get them to price match their black friday day deal today?
Woah that's a huge discounted from its NZ$2,299 MSRP

Dec 28, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #952 of 1,480
Wait so did you manage to get them to price match their black friday day deal today?
Woah that's a huge discounted from its NZ$2,299 MSRP
Not entirely no. I bought an iem full price and week after it was listed 700 off so I managed to ask them for a credit which they happily gave. And so I bought the radiance for 1300 nzd with my 700 credit so i only paid 699 nzd for it.

Dec 29, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #953 of 1,480
Not entirely no. I bought an iem full price and week after it was listed 700 off so I managed to ask them for a credit which they happily gave. And so I bought the radiance for 1300 nzd with my 700 credit so i only paid 699 nzd for it.
Oh, I see, just curious which IEM did you get at full price?
The IE600? The IE600 for NZ$499 would also a crazy deal!

Dec 29, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #955 of 1,480
Oh i didnt even know about that deal. I have ie600 which i bought for full price but the one i bought was 64 audio u12t
Sorry, I misunderstood you previously
NZ$700 of the u12t is good deal
I thought you meant NZ$700 of the IE600, which would be an crazy 60% discount
Especially considering how new the IE600 is, I don't think I've ever seen the IE600 discounted at all in NZ, even on TradeMe the lowest I've seen is NZ$800 second hand

BTW how you liking your u12t vs your IE600?

Dec 30, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #956 of 1,480
Sorry, I misunderstood you previously
NZ$700 of the u12t is good deal
I thought you meant NZ$700 of the IE600, which would be an crazy 60% discount
Especially considering how new the IE600 is, I don't think I've ever seen the IE600 discounted at all in NZ, even on TradeMe the lowest I've seen is NZ$800 second hand

No I meant I have bought the u12t for 3499 nzd but it got discounted -700 off so I got 700 NZD credit. And I just added 700 since the focal was 1300 dollars

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #958 of 1,480
Gotcha now, sorry for the mixed up previously.
both good. they compliment each other

i listen to my ie600 with indie, pop. and slow songs, it has good slam and very engaging. although it may pierce due to its spicy treble so I ended up liking my u12t more when listening to hiphop and r and b (i originally bouight ie600 for this genre)

u12t- perfect to me. ilove it is all I can say. Its not as fun as ie600 but in my ears they have no fault.

Also something to note ie600 for me was so small that it goes so deep and i dont get a good seal or its not that comfortable compared to my galaxy buds.

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #959 of 1,480
both good. they compliment each other

i listen to my ie600 with indie, pop. and slow songs, it has good slam and very engaging. although it may pierce due to its spicy treble so I ended up liking my u12t more when listening to hiphop and r and b (i originally bouight ie600 for this genre)

u12t- perfect to me. ilove it is all I can say. Its not as fun as ie600 but in my ears they have no fault.

Also something to note ie600 for me was so small that it goes so deep and i dont get a good seal or its not that comfortable compared to my galaxy buds.
Thanks, I appreciate your insights :D
I'm lucky that I usually don't find my IE600's treble to be spicy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back