Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Sep 15, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #91 of 1,481
It's telling you want to draw differences between the Elear and Clear and not Elear and MassDrop Elex. I previously have mentioned about how MassDrop has been a continuing partnership with Focal for having a different headphone line that offers some different tuning (at least with pads, and also appearance with all black finish). I'm not really sure how much more time I'm going to spend with you if you do really think anyone implies one person at Bentley "woke up one day and said 'Hey, Wouldn't it be great if we had a $1300 headphone to sell in our gift shop?'" It's clear there was a back and forth about design. Ignoring also the fact that there's years familiarity of Focal being the speaker driver for Bentley. The way you keep going on, the more I wonder how much you understand about brands or headphone production. You do understand that many headphones advertised as new are actually improvements in design (such as Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650)?
“It’s telling...” Huh? Are you implying that the Clear resembles the Elear as closely as the Elex does because they all share driver design elements? Really? And furthermore, you think the resemblance of the Radiance to the Elegia is akin to the resemblance of the HD650 to the HD600? And you’re not sure how much more time YOU are going to spend with ME? Well, now you can be sure. Bye.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #92 of 1,481
For those discussing the involvement of Bentley with these designs and the partnership in general... dare you familiar with how those companies (e.g. car manufactures, pc manufacturers, phone manufactures, many others) design/develop their sound system? If you, conspirancies are not healthy way to discuss since one can denigrate a company.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #93 of 1,481
Headfiers usually don't care about gears with special branding or limited edition that don't add any sonic value to the normal version.
I'd disagree with this given how quickly the "Founder's Edition" of Empire Ears' two newest IEMs sold out, plus the up-charge for Nobles "prestige" IEMs which boast a one-of-a-kind design for each unit (usually $1,000 more than the standard universal).

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #94 of 1,481
Which Rolls? You could always get an Empire Ears if you bought the right one.

I'm looking forward to popping to the shops in my Continental GT with more Radiance soon.

I had to go with RR Ghost. Couldn't resist the fake celestial images on the roof liner...
1600182691184.png

...although I now see this is also available on the Wraith. Again...rats!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #95 of 1,481
@zombywoof Keep the Rolls and get a Bentley for when you need to run down to the corner for a 6 pack of Dom Perignon! :wink:

Excellent suggestion. Still, a bummer that I won't have matching HP's for the Rolls. What are my neighbors going to think?

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #96 of 1,481

Isn't the Odin only released in Founder's edition? It's in stock in multiple stores.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #98 of 1,481
Really seems like a minor tweak of the Elegia to me. Almost identical weight, same sensitivity, and what appears to be the same driver. Higher impedance due to the blocked ports.

BTW, where are you guys seeing that the Elegia is discontinued? It is still shown as a current product on the Focal website.

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #104 of 1,481
At least you guys have a car.

I don't even own one, let alone a Bentley.

I'm a subway and bus kind of guy, anyway. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back