Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,096 of 1,481
Hello everyone, Looking at new headphone search still going far and wide but I have read a lot of good things about the focal radiance and you can still buy it here.
I was wondering, has anyone compared the radiance to any of zmf audio headphones or fostex 909?
What about arya stealth?
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,097 of 1,481
Hello everyone, Looking at new headphone search still going far and wide but I have read a lot of good things about the focal radiance and you can still buy it here.
I was wondering, has anyone compared the radiance to any of zmf audio headphones or fostex 909?
What about arya stealth?
Greetings, Anouk,

To be honest you are comparing apples with oranges here?
The radiance is a closed back while the Arya Stealth to my knowledge are only open backs?

So I’d advise to make that decision first? Do you need closed back or can you use open backs?

I think in general as well you need more power to drive a ZMF than a Focal (most models at least).
Foster I have no experience with but I always read / heard they are extremely v shaped tuning.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #1,098 of 1,481
What about arya stealth?
Greetings, Anouk,
i was newbie as you 3month ago. now my set is open back hifiman ananda as it is close sound vs ary for 50% , and im use rarely open back for outside noises or family home. for closed back i have focal bathys for wireless listing, and closed back have focal stellia as it is far bettee vs radiance.

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #1,099 of 1,481
What about arya stealth?
Greetings, Anouk,
ZMF - relaxed sound but lots of pad options so can vary from bass heavy to analytical. lots of ppl like them with tubes (300 ohm impendance)
Arya Stealth - slightly analytical, less punch, vertical/tall sound shape
909 - not heard myself only measurements/reports: slight v shape = bass + treble boost (less than TH900), treble has "shimmering" quality to it and can be intense with this driver type/tuning
Radiance - i'll refer to wavetheory (youtube) here since he's done an extensive review (he also reviewed zmf, other focals etc), generally though, focals go for intense, punchy (bass) headbang type of sound, though be aware that most focals dont offer huge amounts of bass for, say, electronic music unless you equip them with dekoni pads, but the Radiance should be your best bet out of all focals (again, from what ive gathered).

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #1,100 of 1,481
ZMF - relaxed sound but lots of pad options so can vary from bass heavy to analytical. lots of ppl like them with tubes (300 ohm impendance)
Arya Stealth - slightly analytical, less punch, vertical/tall sound shape
909 - not heard myself only measurements/reports: slight v shape = bass + treble boost (less than TH900), treble has "shimmering" quality to it and can be intense with this driver type/tuning
Radiance - i'll refer to wavetheory (youtube) here since he's done an extensive review (he also reviewed zmf, other focals etc), generally though, focals go for intense, punchy (bass) headbang type of sound, though be aware that most focals dont offer huge amounts of bass for, say, electronic music unless you equip them with dekoni pads, but the Radiance should be your best bet out of all focals (again, from what ive gathered).
tested radiance vs stellia. radiance similar sound,good balanced focal headphone. no any overphized bass,all bass,mids,highs on same balanced level. im go for stellia as want to have berilium driver. and for lots detail. free distortion and more.. more,.more..

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,102 of 1,481
Apr 20, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #1,104 of 1,481
thank you. do you know if it is a good quality cable?
It's okay. It's a little thin for my tastes and the connection to the headphones isn't fully flush but for the price it's probably one of the best options. My preference leans heavily to Norne cables as I like an aesthetic match and prefer copper with my Radiance. Here's how I have mine set up.

IMG_2683.jpg

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #1,105 of 1,481
It's okay. It's a little thin for my tastes and the connection to the headphones isn't fully flush but for the price it's probably one of the best options. My preference leans heavily to Norne cables as I like an aesthetic match and prefer copper with my Radiance. Here's how I have mine set up.

IMG_2683.jpg
oh that is amazing looking cable.

do you have the spec and website as i might order the same cosmetic finish, but based on 1.5meter length.

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,106 of 1,481
May 14, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #1,108 of 1,481
Does anyone know if and where original replacement pads for Focal headphones can be bought?
Only interested in original ones, no Dekoni etc...
Focal doesn’t make replacement pads for the Radiance. It’s a limited run headphone and with under 6000 units worldwide there’s not enough for them to make and stock pads.

I’ve reached out to my local Focal Rep and they’ve told me the exact same thing. As a consolation prize they sent me a free set of Utopia pads.

Unfortunately the Utopia pads are perforated and make the Radiance sound awful.

The only other pad that would possibly recommend is the Dekoni Stellia limited pad.

I’ve requested that Zach from ZMF make a solid leather pad so hopefully that might be an option in the future. I haven’t tried his solid suede pad but that might be an alternative as well.

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #1,109 of 1,481
Focal doesn’t make replacement pads for the Radiance. It’s a limited run headphone and with under 6000 units worldwide there’s not enough for them to make and stock pads.

I’ve reached out to my local Focal Rep and they’ve told me the exact same thing. As a consolation prize they sent me a free set of Utopia pads.

Unfortunately the Utopia pads are perforated and make the Radiance sound awful.

The only other pad that would possibly recommend is the Dekoni Stellia limited pad.

I’ve requested that Zach from ZMF make a solid leather pad so hopefully that might be an option in the future. I haven’t tried his solid suede pad but that might be an alternative as well.

Thank you for the info!
Actually makes me wonder if I should consider a Stellia instead of a Radiance.

May 14, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,110 of 1,481
I upgraded to Focal Stellia in January and so decided to part with my Radiance. Selling now on ebay UK. £899 7days auction.

Focal for Bentley Radiance Headphones. Excellent condition.

Includes Warranty - purchased from Bentley 15 Nov 2022.
See photo of receipt which will be included in the box.
Approximately 150hours use as purchased/upgraded to Focal Stellia January 2023.

I have looked after the Focal Radiance and placed carefully in the case when not using it.
See photos it is in excellent clean condition and even still have the plastic coating on the headphone terminals.

I shall dispatch 1st class via Royal Mail for next day signed delivery with full tracking. Provide tracking number on ebay .

It includes everything that cane with original purchase:
1. Focal Radiance Headphones.
2. Focal Radiance headphone cable.
3. 3.5mm to 6.35mm Adapter.
4. Focal Radiance case.
5. Focal Radiance black leather box.
6. Focal Radiance brown packaging box.
7. Receipt from Bentley UK - shows purchased 15/11/2022.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back