Focal Utopia General Discussion
Aug 22, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #8,566 of 20,675
This depends on what headphone amplifier you have. The 1/4" is a single-ended/unbalanced and the most common. It's what I have to use with my Chord Hugo 2. The other two options are XLR connections for balanced headphone amps. What brand/model headphone amplifier are you using?

I don’t use a dedicated headphone amplifier as I feel Hugo 2 can go a lot louder than I can bear.

So I guess it’d be the 1/4”; I was looking around for a coupon code for the official website but haven’t come across anything.

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #8,568 of 20,675
Just sitting here daydreaming, listening to my favourite tunes wondering if there will ever be a Utopia V2?

I certainly hope not anytime soon- I just bought mine!!

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #8,572 of 20,675
Aug 27, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #8,573 of 20,675
A short while ago I asked if anyone could suggest a supplier for an
adapter which allows a double helix prion4 cable to be used with focal utopia headphones.

I purchased such an adapter from ted allen

tedallen0220@gmail.com

The adapter is very strongly recommended, and I am sure that he is able to supply adapters for other headphone/cable combinations.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #8,574 of 20,675
adapter which allows a double helix prion4 cable to be used with focal utopia headphones.

tedallen0220@gmail.com

The adapter is very strongly recommended, and I am sure that he is able to supply adapters for other headphone/cable combinations.

I haven't bought yet but got in touch with Ted who seems to be very serious. Why cable was used (OCC XN, Silver) ?

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #8,575 of 20,675

tedallen0220@gmail.com

I don't know if anyone already suggested it, but Double Helix sells an extensive array of such adapters - see https://doublehelixcables.com/product/triple-threat-headphone-adapters-1-cable-for-all-headphones/ . You would have to keep in mind the long lead time.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #8,577 of 20,675
i also spoke with ted,a real gentleman

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #8,578 of 20,675
Aug 28, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #8,579 of 20,675
Phil007
Sorry, I do not know which material was used in the adapter, it is only 1.5 inches long though.
I just trusted ted.

Quadels
I contacted dhc three times, asking about their adapter, and I did not receive a single reply.
Eventually, another cable manufacturer contacted the owner of dhc on my behalf, and I did receive an email saying “sorry, I have been away” , however I have not received a reply since then.

So, based on the recommendation of a head-fi member (sorry I just cannot find your message to me, but it is on this site somewhere) I contacted ted allen.

I received an immediate reply, everything was sorted out very quickly and I received, what I consider to be, a truly excellent adapter.

Do give him a try, if you own a headphone cable that you really like, it might just work wonders on other headphones.

Finally, I see many reviews of headphones, but I honestly believe that it is not just the headphone that matters,
It is the headphone AND CABLE COMBINATION, that is vital to your ENJOYMENT of the musical performance.

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #8,580 of 20,675
Phil007
Sorry, I do not know which material was used in the adapter, it is only 1.5 inches long though.
I just trusted ted.

Finally, I see many reviews of headphones, but I honestly believe that it is not just the headphone that matters,
It is the headphone AND CABLE COMBINATION, that is vital to your ENJOYMENT of the musical performance.

Thanx and

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE COMBINATION. I HAPPY YOU WROTE IT. I WOULD HAD THE AMP, THE SOUCE AND THE HEARS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back