For all the forum's legit OGs: Bottlehead Single Ended Experiment S.E.X. 3.x vs. Single Power Extreme (or Supra)
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ctm

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

Was doing some e"Harbor" browsing and came across a listing for the above noted Bottlehead offering and began to wonder if anyone has ever directly (or not) compared it to one of two oldies (and definitely goodies, especially if they've been upgraded to address all the known issues).

Yes, I've searched the site but found no direct comparisons. The closest things that came in separate searches were:
-- comments, reviews and ranking of the Bottlehead "Crack w/Speedball" upgrade, and​
-- the removal of all Single Power amps in the rankings (for the obvious reasons).​
Coincidentally, the above were all posted as part of one of Skylab's monumental threads -- the tube amp shootouts & rankings:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...2-tube-and-tube-hybrid-headphone-amps.402585/

Still in a couple of other searches, I found references to the S.E.X. amp, despite it's lower max wpc output, having quite a notable synergy with the very power hungry HE6 headphones.

So for my 200th post, I'm reaching out to this forum's unofficial Jedi council members (OK, nominees can chime in too). :spy: You know who you/they are!

Please kindly share what you can remember about your significant time spent with these amps. Also, if possible, please also comment on what headphones you used and anything else you can recall about the source(s) and the rest of the system(s).

Skylab has been summoned offline. [Yes, he knows I've long forgiven him for being a bass-head. :innocent:] Hopefully, he chimes in too. To him and all those who have and continue to make this forum experience worthwhile...

A big thanks in advance!

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Thanks for your kind words, Norm. I never did hear that particular Bottlehead amp. And I can barely remember some of the ones on my big list, although others I remember liking quite well. It’s a shame that aural memory is so relatively fleeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back