For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #19,591 of 20,878
roon > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Sennheiser HD800S :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::L3000::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

2112.jpg

2112 (1976) by Rush - I was a Rush fan from the first time I heard Working Man on their first album but it was this one that made them who they became. It was the album that gave them their commercial breakthrough and the album that cemented them as a hybrid of rock and prog-rock - and it blew my socks off! I can remember buying the album from Spillers in Cardiff, stuffing it into my jacket and nursing it home on my motorcycle and eventually, impatiently getting it onto my turntable . . . and that's where it stayed for several days as I played it to death. Today I'm playing the 24 bit 192kHz version and it still sounds as breath-taking today as it did back then, though in far higher quality, my stereo wasn't that great back in '76 - I was only 19 at the time and spent most of my money on my hedonistic lifestyle. Now I would rather spend on a pair of HD800S that will give me a huge amount of enjoyment over the years (hopefully). :darthsmile:

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #19,592 of 20,878
roon > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Sennheiser HD800S :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::L3000::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

2112 (1976) by Rush - I was a Rush fan from the first time I heard Working Man on their first album but it was this one that made them who they became. It was the album that gave them their commercial breakthrough and the album that cemented them as a hybrid of rock and prog-rock - and it blew my socks off! I can remember buying the album from Spillers in Cardiff, stuffing it into my jacket and nursing it home on my motorcycle and eventually, impatiently getting it onto my turntable . . . and that's where it stayed for several days as I played it to death. Today I'm playing the 24 bit 192kHz version and it still sounds as breath-taking today as it did back then, though in far higher quality, my stereo wasn't that great back in '76 - I was only 19 at the time and spent most of my money on my hedonistic lifestyle. Now I would rather spend on a pair of HD800S that will give me a huge amount of enjoyment over the years (hopefully). :darthsmile:
Hey the Cardiff that's in Wales? Been there for a few days, couple of times. Lovely quaint place. I forget the name of the pub but it was stocked with rums all around the world. Better (rum) stock than in London.

Edit: and I also remember for its huge park ringed with violet trees. As I turned a corner there, was suddenly hit by group of elders playing that elegant game ' long bowls' in the lawns. That scene has stayed in the brain for some reason.

Lovely town with brooks and river Taff and of course lots of young 20 somethings, quite a few colleges I reckon. One asked if I wanted a joint. Why do you think I would smoke one? 'cos I saw you drink rum!' was his puzzlingly quaint answer.

Back to topic:

PS: I did take up on that student's offer!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #19,593 of 20,878
Hey the Cardiff that's in Wales? Been there for a few days, couple of times. Lovely quaint place. I forget the name of the pub but it was stocked with rums all around the world. Better (rum) stock than in London.

Edit: and I also remember for its huge park ringed with violet trees. As I turned a corner there, was suddenly hit by group of elders playing that elegant game ' long bowls' in the lawns. That scene has stayed in the brain for some reason.

Lovely town with brooks and river Taff and of course lots of young 20 somethings, quite a few colleges I reckon. One asked if I wanted a joint. Why do you think I would smoke one? 'cos I saw you drink rum!' was his puzzlingly quaint answer.

Back to topic:

PS: I did take up on that student's offer!

The Rummer Tavern maybe? Across the road from Cardiff Castle. Been a long time since I've been drinking in Cardiff, the hangovers didn't agree with me. :D

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #19,595 of 20,878
You'll get a ton of answers. Do you want more folksy stuff or more rock stuff? 'Benefit' is a fantastic rock album (the first EXCELLENT album by the band) [either the original or Steven Wilson mix] or if you want folksy, go with 'Songs From the Wood' (Steven Wilson mix).
My vote is for Benefit! One helluva Rock album.

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #19,596 of 20,878
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #19,598 of 20,878
Hey the Cardiff that's in Wales? Been there for a few days, couple of times.
I knew you were not in India. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
Hey, boss...Trio is great...but my budget kings are still Fiio FD11. Get them..you'll be surprised :wink:

Not just because of the bass...for the $30ish, they incredibly sound right and natural :)

It's almost hot Summer here, too, Sunny (not Sunday) Saturday.

Cheers!

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #19,599 of 20,878
I knew you were not in India. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
Hey, boss...Trio is great...but my budget kings are still Fiio FD11. Get them..you'll be surprised :wink:

Not just because of the bass...for the $30ish, they incredibly sound right and natural :)

It's almost hot Summer here, too, Sunny (not Sunday) Saturday.

Cheers!

This one na? https://www.headphonezone.in/products/fiio-fd11

Pretty-looking cheapie, must say! Chalo, since you been pimping this for so long, placing my order now. Found another usbc interconnector at home, so didn't buy one for fc6-to-source. Happier to use the cash on an iem rather than a cable connector.

But yeah first do confirm if it's the one on that link, please.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #19,601 of 20,878
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #19,602 of 20,878
Been listening to a lot of genre for the past 3 days modding 2 phones in the $200 under that I'll be taking to AXPONA on Sunday and maybe find some brave souls to give it a listen and get feedback on my not-too-typical mod method 😂
Right now listening to the finished T50RP50th<AT-BHA100<Heritage RAM1000<ADI-2DACfs<Variation V6
71RT3GPexWL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

IMG_0804.jpeg

The Tago T3-03 should be done by today :beyersmile:

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #19,605 of 20,878
Man, again this thread proves that it's the best on this forum!
Fantastic recommendation, I've never heard about that group before, but I'm halfway through this album and it's been super so far 👍👌🎶
Thanks 🙏

Streaming Tidal on the Fiio R7 to SMSL DO100 and into the Xduoo TA-26 which drives the Sennheiser HD600's :)
I just stumbled on Goose myself. Glad you’re enjoying them as much as I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back