For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #19,786 of 20,884
Rotel CD Player > Pontus DAC > Artemis HPA > Sennheiser HD800S

Weather Report 8:30 (1979 / Live)...
Weather-Report-830.jpg

I bought this album when it was released in 1979. Was just getting into jazz and this was one of those take a chance buys. Still loving it today. Still have the vinyl.

Sounds much better on the HD800S than the HD700 senns.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #19,792 of 20,884
roon > SMSL SU9 > Schiit Asgard 3 > Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

battlehymns.jpg

Battle Hymns (1982) by Manowar - Back in the day I bought this on vinyl and played it to death, it's just full of great heavy rock songs, sure their image is a bit iffy and the lyrics are stuffed full of clichés but the music and especially the vocals are pretty fantastic. I came home rather inebriated from the pub one Friday night in 82 and thought it would be a great idea to put my Wharfedale DD1 headphones on, crank the volume to 10 and have a listen - I had severe tinnitus for six months after that and have had mild tinnitus ever since. I don't really class this as metal, it's more really heavy rock, Ross the Boss is/was a great rock guitarist and Joey DeMaio a ridiculously talented bass player but it was Eric Adams that really lit it up with his incredible vocals (still not heard their equal), the battle cry on Battle Hymn is so powerful and high pitched it's something that even Robert Plant in his hey day would have been hard pushed to achieve - stirring stuff indeed. :darthsmile:

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #19,793 of 20,884
@HWB3 can't have all the fun.
Cambridge AXC35 > Schiit Loki Mini+ > Schiit Vali2++ > WE396A tube > HD6XX

ROBERT PLANT Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation: Mighty Rearranger  reviews

This is such a killer album, and I saw the live performance on TV around 2008, with an extremely fine sounding Infinity surround system. A musically complex album requiring your rapt attention to hear all the nuances, my little headphone stack really brings out the best of this album. My new WE396A in the setup completely blew the soundstage wide open like I've never heard, with precise instrument location and individual details painting this awesome performance. Was leary about paying that much for a tube, but this has caused a transcendence of my setup that is not to be missed. This Schiit stuff with the WE is "holy hell" good!! Big grin.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #19,795 of 20,884
@HWB3 can't have all the fun.
Cambridge AXC35 > Schiit Loki Mini+ > Schiit Vali2++ > WE396A tube > HD6XX

ROBERT PLANT Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation: Mighty Rearranger  reviews

This is such a killer album, and I saw the live performance on TV around 2008, with an extremely fine sounding Infinity surround system. A musically complex album requiring your rapt attention to hear all the nuances, my little headphone stack really brings out the best of this album. My new WE396A in the setup completely blew the soundstage wide open like I've never heard, with precise instrument location and individual details painting this awesome performance. Was leary about paying that much for a tube, but this has caused a transcendence of my setup that is not to be missed. This Schiit stuff with the WE is "holy hell" good!! Big grin.
The 6XX's pair up very well with the Vali 2++and the WE396A tube. Glad you're enjoying it. Consider the new tube a treat that you can use over and over again.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #19,796 of 20,884
The new Haunted album is solid, it's like Black Sabbath but with Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance on vocals.

Icon Audio HP8 > ZMF Atrium

Super cool, this was. Thanks man! I think I shall give it another spin in an hour or so, in the quiet of the night

Now, on Miroak-II

Just starting a debut album, suggested by Apple Music.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #19,797 of 20,884
I came home rather inebriated from the pub one Friday night in 82 and thought it would be a great idea to put my Wharfedale DD1 headphones on, crank the volume to 10 and have a listen - I had severe tinnitus for six months after that and have had mild tinnitus ever since.
Shell shock! :)

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I Love this song. I discovered Manowar through my neighbour who was playing the cassette player really loud. Thanks for reminding me, now I'm going through their discography.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #19,798 of 20,884
Just when I think I'm firmly back onto my over-ear headphones, the Symphonium Meteor start giving me a sad puppy face from my desk drawer.

MjUtMzU2Mi5wbmc.jpeg

What Kinda Music (2020), Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

Feeling the Saturday grooves. Not a fan of Misch's solo stuff, but thankfully the style and vibes of this album are all clearly Dayes' work. Soporific, chill, body-bopping goodness.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #19,799 of 20,884
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back