Fostex HP-P1 Portable DAC for iPhone, iPod and iPad (With Built-In Headphone Amp) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 011
Dec 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #106 of 129

Quote:
Resetting the iPhone may help. I haven't experienced it with the HP-P1, but had a similar problem with CLAS and the problem was solved after I reset my iPhone (thanks to CooperPwC for the tips).

Yeah, I had to do that as well with my CLAS before reviewing it. Also, if your using an iPhone 4, make sure to turn it on Airplane mode, as that electronic interference will become quite annoying, especially to people with OCD.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #107 of 129
650 seems kind of steep but I want one.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #109 of 129
I've ended up getting one of these to use with my Symphones Magnums, which are as easy to drive as the Grados on which they are based, but more resolving. Definitely a great match and surprisingly resolving for a portable rig (though I wont be using those outside). It makes a useful difference to the M80s as well if I want to listen without disturbing people around me.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #111 of 129
Plugged the iPhone 4 / HP-P1 into the car stereo.  WOWOWOWOW.  Who knew the system was hiding in there?  We played it LOUD. Zero fatigue, zero ear pressure or lingering noise. Clean pianos, violins, guitars, and vocals. Amazing percussion. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #112 of 129
I might have to give that a go. Can't remember if I posted here, but I have mine feeding a Triad Audio L3 (Lisa III) amp. Did very well as a transportable system.

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #114 of 129
Calling all Fostex HP-P1 owners...

Has anyone been successful in obtaining a software/firmware upgrade for their HP-P1 from Fostex? I first read about this on a head-fi thread relating to a Japanese consumer electronics show late last year. Apparently the upgrade (can't recollect whether it was software or firmware but assuming the latter) substantially increases battery life and therefore music playback time. There is no upgrade for the HP-P1 on the Fostex International website updates section -  http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/tech_support/software_updates.shtml - but I wondered whether anyone had obtained it directly from Fostex?

Cheers.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #116 of 129

Quote:
Calling all Fostex HP-P1 owners...

Has anyone been successful in obtaining a software/firmware upgrade for their HP-P1 from Fostex? I first read about this on a head-fi thread relating to a Japanese consumer electronics show late last year. Apparently the upgrade (can't recollect whether it was software or firmware but assuming the latter) substantially increases battery life and therefore music playback time. There is no upgrade for the HP-P1 on the Fostex International website updates section -  http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/tech_support/software_updates.shtml - but I wondered whether anyone had obtained it directly from Fostex?

Cheers.

I believe it has to be performed by a dealer. In the U.S., Moon Audio is doing the firmware updates, and I'll be sending mine to him to have that done.

I think Fostex was performing these updates at the last Tokyo Headphone Festiva (Fall 2011), but I neglected to have it done then.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #117 of 129
I think the one i ordered from Drew last week has the upgrade, the response from him wasn't too clear on it.  It's coming Tues, he had no two day option so had to wait a week..........
He was very responsive otherwise though, which is always nice.
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #119 of 129
Quote:
Before I have owned Alo Solo Class and I returned back because not supported my iPhone 4 , during I listened music , there was sound clipping tek tek tek.
I turn off my iPhone and solo class , but the sound clipping still there .
The problem is the same with my fostex hp 1, but I can resolve the problem, I turn off my iPhone 4 dan also foster hp 1 , after 1 minute I turn on again and the sound clipping tek tek tek is gone.
I hope can help fostex hp1 owner.

Hi rudi0504,

I also have the same problem with both Solo & Fostex DAC... really No Idea....

But when playing iPod Support format from Stock Music Apps, no such issue.

I tried TTPOD, Golden Ear, they all have the same issue...

Finally. I use Capriccio Player, such issue disappear... No idea...

Any one got any idea? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back