Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Nov 9, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #241 of 242
Just give it a try. Modhouse can convert this cans from awfull to perfect. I would say that after Modhouse they sound like my beloved Fostex th600 but with less piercing highs and more subbass if it's even possible when we speaking about subbase from th600 :))
I had an older set of Fostex T20 that I sent to Modhouse. The transformation is pretty miraculous...if it weren't for copyright infringement, I would suggest they be called the Incredible Hulk. I was unimpressed by them in stock form, except for one thing. They have a naturalness, a realism, in the mids particularly, that I really liked. The only thing they did better than ANY of my other headphones was when I watched a movie with them (in stock form) the audio track of the movie seemed more like I was there, as opposed to hearing a recording of something. Fortunately the Argon treatment didn't affect that at all.

I don't see how any mod which retains these drivers in these housings could change the quality so drastically as to make me like them..
Then you my friend are lacking in vision. Every glowing review you can find about the Argon is absolutely true. If you would enjoy a headphone with world class soundstage (for a closed back) and legendary bass ( for ANY type of headphone) and aren't looking for a highly detailed/shimmery sound, Argons are whats up.

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #242 of 242
I was shocked how much I liked these with the argon mod and some general tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back