Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 398

ThEvil0nE

Headphoneus Supremus

original.png

Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition​

• The special edition commemorates Fostex's 50th anniversary. The "50th Anniversary" is written in Japanese on the earcups in gold. Produced for 900pcs globally only.
  • Adopts upgraded drivers from T60RP, offering higher linearity, improved transient response
  • Detachable, single-sided cable routing
  • Thick leather ear pads enhance wearing comfort
  • New damping material in the housing improves resonance control
  • Wide, self-adjusting headband for a perfect fit and enduring comfort
  • Sensitivity 92dB (@ 1kHz, 1mW)
  • Impedance (Ohm): 50
  • Maximum load capacity in mW: 3000
  • Frequency range: 15 - 35.000Hz
  • Weight: 315g
  • 2m cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack, 1.2m cable with a 2.5mm 4-pole balanced jack, and a gold-plated 3.5 - 6.3mm adapter.
Fostex-T50RP-_-_1_5000x.pngFostex-T50RP-_-_2_5000x.png
Fostex-T50RP-_-_3_5000x.pngFostex-T50RP-_-_5_5000x.png

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 398
Is it available for purchase in or to USA anywhere?
I ordered mine Sunday from Pifferia, got Fedex notification Monday and got it Wednesday. Never ordered from them so my friend ordered his first and after it got here super fast I proceeded to order mine.

This is the Fostex brown box which was boxed in a brown shipping box by the seller. Shipping was free via FedEx International Priority.

IMG_3622.jpeg

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 398
Has anyone measured these yet? And/or listened to these side by side vs the MK3s?

T60RP drivers in a T50RP, at around T50RP prices sounds tempting.

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 398
Has anyone measured these yet? And/or listened to these side by side vs the MK3s?

T60RP drivers in a T50RP, at around T50RP prices sounds tempting.
We were trying to find any first hand user info and review but none came up. There's one one YT but that wasn't helpful, no captions.

I am actually favoring the tuning and am leaving it stock but that's too early for a conclusion.

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 398
We were trying to find any first hand user info and review but none came up. There's one one YT but that wasn't helpful, no captions.

I am actually favoring the tuning and am leaving it stock but that's too early for a conclusion.
Hi @ThEvil0nE, Can you give a quick impression please?
I have the t50rp mk3 and I'm interested but worried that it might be out of stock by the time reviews will be available

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #9 of 398
I have the t50rp mk3 and I'm interested but worried that it might be out of stock by the time reviews will be available
I heard my friend’s 50th edition in stock form via his dap. Don’t know what his eq settings were but it’s not everyday you hear them as airy and holographic in stock form. Even told him to keep it stock just for that pairing.
On my RME with no eq applied, while it sound good for a stock RP it does get hot and sibilant up top on some recordings. I haven’t hear the t60rp so I don’t know how it compares. I also haven’t done a full disassembly so I don’t know if something else has been done inside the cup.

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 398
Shoot I wish I hadn't just bought headphone stuff as I have more or less blown my audio budget for the time being as I quite want this.. Seems like a pretty ~ok price point as well vs the standard T50rp. I will have to ponder my options (mainly selling my mk3s and getting these?)

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 398
Shoot I wish I hadn't just bought headphone stuff as I have more or less blown my audio budget for the time being as I quite want this.. Seems like a pretty ~ok price point as well vs the standard T50rp. I will have to ponder my options (mainly selling my mk3s and getting these?)
I was supposed to buy a 60 and while googling this anniversary edition popped up, I guess because it's using a 60 driver. The use of parts from different RP series, 50th anniversary badging and limited number produced was hard to resist. As far as my plan on getting t60rp, that can wait a bit lol.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 398
I do believe this was released June this year. A silent release I guess as not a mention of this thing here on HF or a region specific release. Stockist inventory I have no idea.

Aug 29, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 398
I heard my friend’s 50th edition in stock form via his dap. Don’t know what his eq settings were but it’s not everyday you hear them as airy and holographic in stock form. Even told him to keep it stock just for that pairing.
On my RME with no eq applied, while it sound good for a stock RP it does get hot and sibilant up top on some recordings. I haven’t hear the t60rp so I don’t know how it compares. I also haven’t done a full disassembly so I don’t know if something else has been done inside the cup.
Thanks for sharing :)
Seems like it has a potential with eq.
The stock t50rp mk3 was harsh for me as well but with pads change (perforated protein) it became much more nicer. So maybe it will be the same case with this one

I do believe this was released June this year. A silent release I guess as not a mention of this thing here on HF or a region specific release. Stockist inventory I have no idea.
That's interesting, and a relief that it hopefully won't be out of stock soon, thanks :)

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #14 of 398
Yup, I've had one here for a few months but was admittedly low priority. I'll try to take some photos and measurements this week and share here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back