From Fidelio X2s to Shure 1540 - A downgrade?
Feb 19, 2015 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

razorpakk

100+ Head-Fier
As much as I love my X2s they are just too bulky and I can't carry them around the house, the 1540 are also 100g lighter which doesn't hurt.

If they had the same price would you choose the Shure over the X2s?
For some reason I'm under the impression that more owners of the Shure have been disappointed compared to those who have the X2s.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 7
For some reason I'm under the impression that more owners of the Shure have been disappointed compared to those who have the X2s.

Well, they have been around a heck of a lot longer than the X2s (years vs months), so sure you are bound to find more people disappointed. Personal tastes of the sound signature have such an impact on whether one likes a headphone or not.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I see what you mean, I hope I can get some feedback from people who own both cans :)

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 7
I don't see how moving from one set of full sized cans to another is going to gain you any convenience in around the house portability. I didn't even know that was a thing. 100g is nothing. If that really is your chief complaint about the X2s I think you should be looking at some IEMs instead of headphones. Maybe bluetooth IEMs because that cable can get pretty bulky. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I currently have both on hand. They are VERY well suited as somewhat equals, just one being open, the other closed.

I love both.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 7
In the end I went for the HD700 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back