Full Size that sound like KSC75
Mar 16, 2013 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JUSTINDTH

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been playing around with headphones since jan 2010. I've owned quite a few in this time. However nothing has been as enjoyable as the $20 Koss KSC75. So far I have owned:

DT770 - 250ohm
HD650
SR60i
DT880 - 600ohm
Porta Pro
RS1i

Now don't get me wrong each of those listed headphones are great in their own way, but for some reason I always find myself listening to the KSC75 with my fiio e11 and ipod. They just always sound great. I love the treble sparkle. Everything is just right. They sound great loud or quiet.

What I'm looking for is something that sounds Identical to the Koss's but in a large over/around the ear form. I'm thinking maybe the KSC75 got the eq/freq curve just right for my preference in rock/hardcore/punk music. Although I hear the porta pros have the same drivers, I was not impressed. Far too much bass and they lacked that treble sparkle. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 3
I hav always thought the K240s, 55 ohm model is a better / more refined KSC75... the two are pretty similar.

I think the HF1 with flat SR60 pads kind of does it too... but with the Grado flair.

May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I've been looking for that since I first joined head-fi :) Good luck!

I remember the first time I found something similar was with the Grado 225s.  Nothing else in the Grado lineup made me feel that way.  None of the high-end headphones feel that way either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back