FutureSonics Atrio MG7 vs Audio technica CKS 77 vs UE 500
Sep 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Q5o5Q

New Head-Fier
[size=9.5pt]Hi, [/size]
[size=9.5pt]As the title suggest, i'll appreciate a couple of comparisons between the 3 models sated above. Well, my preference and priority gravitates towards bass and accurate detailing. Accurate detailing is basically a greater emphasis on every detail of the music. (e.g, drum beats at the background, guitar and etc) Well, im willing to go for either sides of the extremes, bass or detailing. In a scale of 1-10 these are my preference: Base:10 Detailing:10 Mids:9 highs:5. In summary, I’m willing to purchase a earphone that is super bassy but less detailing or vise versa. However regardless of which end it is, it has to have decent mids. Well I have actually tried earphones like the cks77, Se215 and actually owned the imageS4. So right now, I’m thinking on upgrading. Well, I’ve heard about the atrio mg7 and UE500 but it is really inconvenient for me to test them. So, ill really appreciate a comparison. It will make things easier if the comparison is based on the 3 models I’ve stated and tried. Well, for the image S4, I find that the hissing sound is being simply too annoying to the extent that it disrupts my ability to rate it. Even the emphasis in words that ends with (S), just becomes too overwhelming…. [/size]
[size=9.5pt]What attracted me to the se215 was the above avg bass and the built quality. Bt I’ve heard certain complaints about the copper connector getting rusty overtime. Well, I find the cks77 bass being actually quite adequate. That’s actually my default choice for now(CKS77). Bt I’m hoping to find one that actually surpasses the CKS 77 and i’m hoping that the successor would be the Atrio sonics/UE 500. To be honest, I didn’t exactly test the cks77 to the core. Bt from 1st impression, the bass is good, the soundstage and the mids are really a bang for the buck. Well that’s about it. Thanks a whole lot. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention, my budget is 170 and I’m open to other suggestions. Thanks again in advance.[/size]

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Check the discovery thread and read about the Sony XB90EX and soon to be released CKS99.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-sony-mdr-xb90ex-danny-bs-take-pg-182-jvcs-fx40-pg-83-fx101-pg-96

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi,
 I own the M5 mg7's i am a huge fan of the tight bass these little things produce but i am not that happy with the highs, i can not listen to them at high volumes for a long period of time. they are comfortable to wear after a while you forget they are even there, very light plus they don't protrude from your ears i needed something like that because i listen to music while i am in bed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back