cycloverid

100+ Head-Fier
This is what I'm using:

hp:  Beyerdynamic DT770(250ohm), DT880(250ohm), Sennheiser HD280
amp:  Fiio E09k 
soundcard: HT|Omega eClaro 

Amp + Any Headphones into eClaro:

--------------------------

When my PC volume is at 100%, I get a slight fuzzy/grainy sound on certain tracks(always during the dramatic parts of the song) when the amp volume is at medium-high.  When I turn the PC Volume to something like 80%, and turn the amp up more to compensate, this fuzziness goes away completely (even at much higher volumes).  

Amp + Any Headphones into onboard audio:

When I plug the amp into the onboard soundcard, it never has this problem at any volume level. The onboard audio card is about 6-8db less at the same volume level (maybe this is why??)

Any Headphones directly into eClaro:

No fuzziness that I can hear, but restricted volume levels.  I've had this soundcard for over a year without the amp and never noticed any fuzzy/static sound.

Any ideas? 

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 2
  hp:  Beyerdynamic DT770(250ohm), DT880(250ohm), Sennheiser HD280
amp:  Fiio E09k 
soundcard: HT|Omega eClaro 

Amp + Any Headphones into eClaro:

When my PC volume is at 100%, I get a slight fuzzy/grainy sound on certain tracks(always during the dramatic parts of the song) when the amp volume is at medium-high.  When I turn the PC Volume to something like 80%, and turn the amp up more to compensate, this fuzziness goes away completely (even at much higher volumes).  

Amp + Any Headphones into onboard audio:

When I plug the amp into the on-board sound card, it never has this problem at any volume level. The on-board audio card is about 6-8db less at the same volume level (maybe this is why??)

Any Headphones directly into eClaro:

No fuzziness that I can hear, but restricted volume levels.  I've had this sound card for over a year without the amp and never noticed any fuzzy/static sound.

When you are using the eClaro sound card, do you disable the motherboard's on-board audio?
If you can get to 80% on the PC volume without the fuzziness, you not really having a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back