Games that just didnt age well, Or that did hold up well.
May 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WhiteCrow

Is not fooled by rapper-endorsed products.
Well I decided to re-install NeverWinter Nights 2....WOOOOOOW, Just sooooo buggy and the story is just SOOOO uninteresting. The worst thing is,
The ENDING!!!, You kill the villain and the building collapses killing your entire party. There is no classic Bioware WHERE ARE THEY NOW; building relationships with characters is completely useless and training them to be what they want instead of whats useful is also pointless as it has no effect on outcome.
The DLC is decent and less buggy but you have to start an entire new character for it.

Game that has aged well!!!
FABLE!!!!!!! Love it, love everything about it. Its quaky nature, it's silliness, it's timing for when to do something the develops the characters blank slate personality.

May 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm not sure NwN2 has so much not aged well as that it was disappointing to begin with. It had some good moments, but on the whole it's one of the weaker RPGs from the Bioware/Black Isle/Obsidian family.

As far as my candidates go:

Did not age well: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. When it came out it's graphics were so impressive that they helped disguise the inherent weakness of the game compared to the rest of the series, but now that the graphics aren't state of the art anymore it doesn't really hold up well.

Aged well: (This one won't be much of a surprise coming from me) Baldur's Gate series. Still my favorite RPG; it doesn't have graphics to go out of date (paintings don't go out of date), you get functionally infinite replay value with different characters each time and despite all of the cinematic **** BioWare pushes on us these days the ending still feels more epic than Dragon Age 2.

There's a couple of games I could put under the heading of 'Won't Age Well', but I can't say that for certain yet.

May 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 5
TESIV
Couldn't agree with you more. IMO Morrowind has aged MUCH better than oblivion. Playing NWN1, Love it!

May 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Im not sure theres any game that has aged better than Chrono Trigger....that game to this day is just loads of fun, and probably the best JRPG ever made. And the graphics stil impress me too.

but what else would you expect with the development dream team they had on it

May 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Im not sure theres any game that has aged better than Chrono Trigger....that game to this day is just loads of fun, and probably the best JRPG ever made. And the graphics stil impress me too.

but what else would you expect with the development dream team they had on it

I love you.

Chrono Trigger is in my tri-force of perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back