Get the e7 now and the e9....or wait for the e17/e9
Mar 26, 2012 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DiscoBurger

100+ Head-Fier
So I searched the forums...carefully, but time is acting kind of precious these days so I thought I would go ahead and just post. I am very sorry if I overlooked the answer to my question, but here it goes: 

So currently I am using un-amped Denon D2000s I have done my home work and I know that since they are such low impedance headphones they would only benefit marginally from an amp. Having said that I listen to all types of music and I bought the Denons specifically to listen to bass-heavy bangers. I was thinking about buying the e7/e9, but then I began reading about the hard to find/newly released e17 and the voice of reason in the back of my head told me to buy the e9 now and hold out for the e17...but my question to you, intelligent peanut gallery, is: does it really matter that much? Should I listen to reason and wait or should I just buy a cheap used e7 and e9 and blast through my ear drums sooner rather than later?

On a side note I am also planning on purchasing a pair of complementing headphones, because as I said I listen to a wide variety of music, and after much research I have decided on the dt880 250ohm (because the e7/e17 could not adequately power the 600ohm "on the go")---and I feel that the above stated amp combination would be the most versatile for both my d2000s and my soon to be dt880s

Sorry that was such a long winded answer....i've been drinking. 

Cheers.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't really have an answer for you, but I'm in the exact same boat. I decided to wait it out and I preordered the E17. I figure I'll be listening with it longer than I'll be waiting for it, so might as well wait a little while to get the best.
Hope that helps.

Muley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back