Getting rid of noise floor for IEMs?
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HeadphonesHero

New Head-Fier
Recently I picked up a pair of KZ ZSN PRO X's. It's my first time actually trying anything from KZ, so I started with their low end IEMs. Anyway, whenever I use them I can hear an annoying hiss (which seems to cancel once music actually starts playing.) The hiss persists on any of my devices, I'm assuming it is the "noise floor" a term I've only recently learned.

Is there an easy remedy for this annoying hiss? Maybe a small DAC or something?

Also what cables/tips would you recommend as replacements for the ZSN PRO X's? The tips that came with it are fine, but I'm thinking about getting some memory foams, that and the cable is kind of thin and I figure it could use replacing.

Like I said, KZ is brand new to me so I'm picking up bits of info here and there so any advice at all would be great.

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Recently I picked up a pair of KZ ZSN PRO X's. It's my first time actually trying anything from KZ, so I started with their low end IEMs. Anyway, whenever I use them I can hear an annoying hiss (which seems to cancel once music actually starts playing.) The hiss persists on any of my devices, I'm assuming it is the "noise floor" a term I've only recently learned.

Also what cables/tips would you recommend as replacements for the ZSN PRO X's? The tips that came with it are fine, but I'm thinking about getting some memory foams, that and the cable is kind of thin and I figure it could use replacing.

Like I said, KZ is brand new to me so I'm picking up bits of info here and there so any advice at all would be great.

The hiss is due to the high sensitivity of the iem.

U can fix it in a few ways:
1) use an online volume controller. Max the volume at your source and control the volume from the volume controller. Can be a few bucks but it may affect sound quality.

2) get a good dac/amp/dap. Something cheap like a dac/amp dongle at $30 like tempotec sonata HD pro can really clean up the sound.

3) get an impedance mismatch device. It may affect the frequency response of the iem though

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 3

Really depends on what you are listening from. From my iPad Pro with the Usb C Apple dongle my Empire Ears Phantoms which are 10 ohm and 117 dB versus your ZSN Pro X are 25 and 112 dB don’t get any noise listening from Qobuz or Tidal . Still prefer my HiBy R6Pro though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back