Ghost/Unknown Headphones?
Jun 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Empire

Head-Fier
My friend and I recently dug up old headphones from a box (moved), and we found these Audio Technica ATH - L2s..tried googling or binging them, no results whatsoever, no even an image, and yet not even on Head-Fi or in their vintage phones section...

Here are some pictures. They sound decent, a bit muffled, and distort slightly at extended bass.

29olda0.jpg

a15vg5.jpg

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Wow, I can't find anything on Google either (it was a quick search, but still...). Maybe these were made before the Internet was even around!
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry to wake up a 4-year-old thread, but... HEY, I HAVE THOSE TOO!

Yes, they are older than the Internet. An 18th-birthday gift from my younger brother. At the time, I had no clue if they were good or bad - it was obvious to the whole household that this meant "I'm *******ed tired of hearing Beethoven at ungodly volumes coming from your bedroom which happens to be directly above mine".

That was back in 1986... Since then I've replaced the jack a few times, shortened the line by a mile or two, and changed the inner foam (tried them without and yuck, they became way too bright and lost all the bass). I now use them at the office with the PA2V2 amp, which help them enormously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back