Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #26,656 of 62,921
Has anyone noticed that during a Bluetooth dropout where the left-right buds cut out asynchronously, there is an odd "zap" sensation going across their heads? I'm no radiation conspiracy theorist, but even if it's just a placebo it is sometimes uncomfortable (can't say for sure if it leads to headaches etc.).
Yeah I get that with my Jabra 65's but only when I'm sitting in our massage chair at home. It's very weird and I have no idea it's only in that one place in my whole house. Phone is two feet away from me at the time

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #26,659 of 62,921
u´re a little treble head ? arent you ? :D
I like "sparkly" highs without sibilance. :)
With the new tuning, the MTW2s are warmer sounding. That's why my EQ settings needed some extra mids/highs.
BUT they are not sibilant with extra treble, like with the original firmware.
The soundstage are noticably wider. Bass is deeper, soo punchy and don't need any EQ'ing.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #26,661 of 62,921
Just got the EarFun Air Pros in. Gonna charge em up and will give first impressions shortly.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #26,662 of 62,921
Oct 19, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #26,663 of 62,921
First impressions of the Earfuns:

- pretty good W shape sig, mids and vocals a little forward, highs are crisp but on some songs there’s a little sibilance, can sometimes get a lil harsh round like 2-3k.
- bass a bit boomy but solid texture
- surprisingly good instrument separation and detail for the price
- doesn’t get too loud, but at like 90% vol it’s def loud enough for me
- some weird tonality in the mids.

Overall they’re good not great sounding. The GB+ are significantly better sounding, though the bass on the Earfuns is much punchier and impactful. Haven’t tried the ANC or calls yet but will update.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #26,664 of 62,921
Has everyone in here sold their MTW2s?
It's strange that so few are talking about the new app setting; "High-End Sound Tuning".
I am in awe! With a couple of extra db's in the mids/high with the EQ, they are sensational by my taste.

The Senns are ace with the new tuning option, I agree - was blown away the other day when out and about with them using this new setting. Surely these are the best sounding TW set on the market?

To answer your question though - I presume they are not mentioned here much because they are far too mainstream and not some obscure Chi-fi random selection of letters thing that costs three dollars.

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #26,665 of 62,921
So I went to EarFun's site to see if the discount code @tma6 posted would work, Unfortunately it did not. I tried Welcome30 and it gave me 30% off. It took the price of the Earfun Air Pros to $56, it doesn't look like they are shipping to the U.S. what a bummer. :rage:

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #26,666 of 62,921
So I went to EarFun's site to see if the discount code @tma6 posted would work, Unfortunately it did not. I tried Welcome30 and it gave me 30% off. It took the price of the Earfun Air Pros to $56, it doesn't look like they are shipping to the U.S. what a bummer. :rage:

Depending on which TWS you already own and if the Earfun Air pro are anything like the Edifier TWSNB2 I just received, I wouldn't recommend them much.
- They do not stay put in the ear (yawning or laughing/smiling openly will always break the seal have have the bud start to dislodge and/or fall).
- The SQ is decent but not exceptional nor particularly engaging. If you have some good TWS, chances are this one will fall into a position where the SQ will not draw you toward them more than another you already like.
- The case feels cheap, is annoying and not convivial to open without looking at it to figure the right side to open it and even then, you need some nails to manage to have some grip on the microscopic edge the case has. Those biting their nails, beware.
- 1 week old and 2 hours on them, at about 90% charge before being put in a fully charged case, yet 1 bud was already dead by leaving them in the case sitting on the desk for 3 day. Managed to salvage the bud which wouldn't charge by plugging to small wire between the charging port of the bud to a small lipo battery, which gave it enough charge to be recognized by the case afterward.
- Call quality is really bad, at least if you only use 1 bud. Have not tested 2 as situation didn't arise yet, but my wife told me it was the worst she ever heard form me, often not being able to understand what I say. Pretty bad knowing I previously was using a cheap 18$ 1 ear call bud.
- Did I say the ergo are simply bad? I shared them with a friend while working to have his opinion and bending down, the bud fell down multiple time on him as well. I might have weird/small shaped ear, but he told me this was a first for him.
- Even thought it doesn't matter much, the box and included charging cable feels cheap/average. In fact, I have to jiggle the cable multiple time for it to charge my phone. It is an issue I have with cheap cable but that quality one do not have. I must confess it currently has no issue with the case but it does give the impression it will not last long.

It might seems pretty negative, but take it with a grain of salt. It simply means that to me, it has ok SQ but is pretty average for the rest. Someone who don't have any OK TWS and doesn't want to spend a lot should like it, but someone with others IEM available might find it underwhelming.

Oct 19, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #26,667 of 62,921
Picked up a pair of Bose QuietComfort Earbuds over the weekend out of curiosity! Also finally got it working on the coupler and was able to take a measurement. Bass shelf has distortion because I wasn't able to get an airtight seal; I bet it's a good deal more elevated than that in the lower frequencies just from what I'm hearing. Onto some impressions:
  • Enjoying the bass response, most of it is sub-bass. Good bass texturing and dynamic slam. Undeniably some muddiness, but the way the shelf levels off is really nice.
  • Midrange is pretty unremarkable, and the treble dips pretty badly; extension is fairly non-existent.
  • Struggles a lot with imaging in particular. Stage is compressed vertically, depth sounds almost inverted from what I'm used to, and positional cues are limited to left-right placement.
Not a bad tuning overall; they follow something close to neutral-warm with bass boost. Very easy on the ears for sure. Predictably, technicalities is where they fall short.

boseaverage.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #26,668 of 62,921
Picked up a pair of Bose QuietComfort Earbuds over the weekend out of curiosity! Also finally got it working on the coupler and was able to take a measurement. Bass shelf has distortion because I wasn't able to get an airtight seal; I bet it's a good deal more elevated than that in the lower frequencies just from what I'm hearing. Onto some impressions:
  • Enjoying the bass response, most of it is sub-bass. Good bass texturing and dynamic slam. Undeniably some muddiness, but the way the shelf levels off is really nice.
  • Midrange is pretty unremarkable, and the treble dips pretty badly; extension is fairly non-existent.
  • Struggles a lot with imaging in particular. Stage is compressed vertically, depth sounds almost inverted from what I'm used to, and positional cues are limited to left-right placement.
Not a bad tuning overall; they follow something close to neutral-warm with bass boost. Very easy on the ears for sure. Predictably, technicalities is where they fall short.

boseaverage.jpg
I'm guessing that 13k spike is a coupler resonance point?

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #26,670 of 62,921

Lol did I post a discount code? I don’t think I did? Hahah, no worries man you’re not missing out on much. They’re decent but not in love w the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back