Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #31 of 62,507
I was eying the Beoplay as well but I agree with your concerns. Best I could find on the website was "designed to be resist sweat" which doesn't instill confidence. That and the H5 were advertised as gym friendly and the ergonomics on those were horrible. I preordered the bose the minute they were released. They promised an "early October " release. Well, they are now telling me 3-4 weeks. Ordered on 9/21. Their customer support is truly terrible. Typical runaround "demand exceeded expectations.". Maybe be at $250 a pop I would think the market is somewhat limited. I'll report back here when (if) I receive them. They do look promising for gym use. The soundsports sound great.

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #32 of 62,507
I’ve actually just read a hands on but not listened to review and it states that a B&O rep told him that they were in no way meant for gym or sport use, the ‘splash’ resistance is apparently sudden rain and the like so certainly not on my radar anymore. The Bose look fantastic and I’m sure they’ll at least match the best out there at the moment but likely far outceed. Very disappointed that Europe won’t get for at least 5 months!

Oct 8, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #33 of 62,507
The B&Os & Sony true wireless aren’t designed for fitness people. The Jabra Elites & Bragi Dash Pro have had good reviews, but I don’t need all the extras, just for music + cost is high for what appears to be average sound. The Headphones from Bragi seemed like a good option, but some reviews mention dropouts.

Have been waiting on Trinity’s Phantom Airs, but based on reports, it’s a mixed bag and unsure when I’ll receive them.

So, in conclusion, I looked for a cheap wireless and opted for the Oycsc S2s. For the price, they’re worth a risk and will hold onto those until someone releases what I want from true wireless.

Oct 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #34 of 62,507
I agree I think. Really not sure atm why you’d want to go fully wireless except for the need due to sports or gym usage but to each their own on that subject.

The Bragi are a strange proposition as the translation feature and gesture nonsense mean zero to me and drop outs are totally inexcusable imo.

At the moment I’m thinking of picking up the Jabra with their 3 year warranty and accepting the best of a bad bunch so to speak and by the time they’re ready for the bin the technology will have advanced we’ll hopefully have a fully finished product at last. If I do end up getting the Jabra in the next few days I’ll post here what I think of them.

Oct 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #35 of 62,507
Jabras are solid. Rock solid connection and great fit. Biggest drawback is sound quality. It's decent but not great. Acceptable for gym but beyond that I'd never choose them over oher options. I'm banking on he Bose being a big improvement on sq.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #37 of 62,507
Clerk, what the general signature of the Jabra? I’ve heard a bit bassy which is fine for a gym phone but warm overall? Recessed mids etc. Any thoughts would be great. I really think the Bose will be the ones to beat on an SQ level but as a pure gym phone I’m finding the Jabra on paper at least quite hard to pass up.

On a side note the only music I listen to in the gym is hip hop and edm so with that in mind thoughts anyone on the Jabra

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #38 of 62,507
Any other new truely wireless headphones we should be looking out for?

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #40 of 62,507
The Jaybird Run looked like a great option until I read The Verge and a couple of other reviewers. They seem to suffer from dropouts, unless you have the phone on your arm while running. Shame, as I’ve been happy with their Bluebuds X.

I find it very odd that a trusted company (imho) would release something that isn’t ready. They’re not released yet, so maybe the final version will be fine. We’ll see.

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #41 of 62,507
Clerk, what the general signature of the Jabra? I’ve heard a bit bassy which is fine for a gym phone but warm overall? Recessed mids etc. Any thoughts would be great. I really think the Bose will be the ones to beat on an SQ level but as a pure gym phone I’m finding the Jabra on paper at least quite hard to pass up.

On a side note the only music I listen to in the gym is hip hop and edm so with that in mind thoughts anyone on the Jabra

Bass heavy. A little thin sounding. High end is rolled off. They are fine for the gym. I tried a lot true wireless and I'd put them in the average sq camp. I think they are a great buy particularly on sale. They sell refurbished versions on eBay from Jabra direct. Can get some good deals.

Oct 8, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #43 of 62,507
Lovely thank you for that, sounds like they’re good enough for what I’m looking for tbh at least in the interim. I think this is a slight case of form over function as all other aspects seem pretty great on them and SQ is good enough for purpose. And for certain, I wouldn’t want to pay full retail on them, certainly be looking for a deal on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back