Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #58,366 of 62,931
I used my AirPods Pro 2’s today with SpinFit CP360 tips and I actually enjoyed them.

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #58,368 of 62,931
Senn MTW3 supposed to be some of the best for the wind.
Yea, the wind setting works well. Unfortunately the ANC could be a bit better overall though. They can sound very good though.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #58,369 of 62,931
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #58,370 of 62,931
What custom tips has anyone tried with the DPP's? I have a set of TRN T-Ear Tips on the way.

I got pretty lucky with the fit gamble in that they are perfect for me using the larger wing tips + SML tips. No pain after elongated use, and as snug a fit as could possibly be that I can't even shake them out of my ears despite how hard I try. The passive isolation I'm getting with the fit is so good that with ANC on, I'm getting more sound blocked out then I would with my Bose QC-II's. Could you believe it?

@SynaestheticA JB Hi-Fi had them for $380 AUD for Black Friday sales, and I could not resist. I must say I'm so glad I made decision because they are hands down the best TWS I've ever tried.
I also use TRN tips on my DPP. You will probably like them

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #58,371 of 62,931
Per the question in this thread “are we there yet?”. I’ve been listening to my new Audeze isine 20’s, and the answer is a resounding no…. TWS have made big improvements, but the highs, mids and lows on the 20’s, are in a different universe. An unbelievable bargain at $195 bought direct from Audeze, during the annual B stock sale. Highly recommended 👍

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #58,372 of 62,931
Hey all - I've been reading through this thread trying to figure out which pair of true wireless buds to get to replace my (lost) Senn MTW3 and I'm pretty stuck. I've been a Senn MTW fan since gen 1 but thought I'd look at alternatives this go around. My ideal sound signature is that of an AKG N40 or N5005. Gauging from the prior posts here it seems the below are the best options right now, and was curious for any perspective to refine the list. Also, I do not really care for good ANC, but I do appreciate audio pass through. Sound quality is by far and away the most important criterion for me. My source will have BT 5.3 and support aptX HD, aptX, LDAC and LHDC.

1. Another Senn MTW3 (boring but safe)
2. B&O Beoplay EX
3. Denon PerL Pro
4. Technics EAH-AZ80
5. M&D MW09

Note I've excluded the Sony's as I've historically felt the bass sounded a bit off on their headphones. The last alternative would be to just wait for the next gen to come out since the only new set on the list is the MW09.
On your requirements I'd probably reco the Denon or the Beoplay.

AZ80 will sound nice but not top of the line for sound.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #58,373 of 62,931
So I've been lurking around here a bit. I'm wanting to get in on the last of the Monday sales. So do you think Nuarl N6 Pro 2 or Soundcore Liberty 2? I use them daily for everything from podcasts to all types of music.
Thanks
shawn
Nuarl has a pretty refined and wonderful sound. I gifted mine to a friend recently and he has been raving about them.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #58,375 of 62,931
What custom tips has anyone tried with the DPP's? I have a set of TRN T-Ear Tips on the way.

I got pretty lucky with the fit gamble in that they are perfect for me using the larger wing tips + SML tips. No pain after elongated use, and as snug a fit as could possibly be that I can't even shake them out of my ears despite how hard I try. The passive isolation I'm getting with the fit is so good that with ANC on, I'm getting more sound blocked out then I would with my Bose QC-II's. Could you believe it?

@SynaestheticA JB Hi-Fi had them for $380 AUD for Black Friday sales, and I could not resist. I must say I'm so glad I made decision because they are hands down the best TWS I've ever tried.
That's a bargain. No doubt.

I have a little side savings account I put some $ into every week and have enough for pretty much any tws on the market. I just can't pick anything I want that I think is going to be better than the DPP. This lil bebe is saving me money!

So glad all the positives you find to be true as well. There are so many.

I'm still using stock tips. I tried the corair which was a fail and the Eletech Baroque. Both changed the sound signature for the worse. Wanted to give the Dunu S&S or the trons a go but gave up after the high end tips didn't work out.

Would be keen to hear about the Trons when you try them.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #58,376 of 62,931
In the market for new iems to replace my samsung buds...I was thinking maybe either the beoplay ex, gemini II, or maybe the new TW09. mainly looking for something with great sound while still having a powerful bass.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #58,377 of 62,931
In the market for new iems to replace my samsung buds...I was thinking maybe either the beoplay ex, gemini II, or maybe the new TW09. mainly looking for something with great sound while still having a powerful bass.
I use my Gemini 2 very often. Sub-bass and stage is great. Better isolation and less sound leak than the EX, but the EX do sound killer. If you only have one choice on that list, I'd do the G2. Sadly, the AT TW09 are great, but I do prefer the others.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #58,379 of 62,931
I use my Gemini 2 very often. Sub-bass and stage is great. Better isolation and less sound leak than the EX, but the EX do sound killer. If you only have one choice on that list, I'd do the G2. Sadly, the AT TW09 are great, but I do prefer the others.
thank for the info. I mistyped and meant the new M&D MW09, not the AT.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #58,380 of 62,931
thank for the info. I mistyped and meant the new M&D MW09, not the AT.
"Supposedly" my MW09 ships the 29th. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back